Get out the tissues for this one

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

StazzyBabyYeah wrote:It's the word bombshell :P

Max. output 50 kW
Max. torque 518 Nm :shock:, per motor. 180km/hr, Is that the factory cut or is that it's full flat speed?

Electric cars are looking better and better
car sure would be interesting to drive, will be like a diesel, absolute bucketloads of torque to kick you in the ass, then you have to change gear.
Blue Cordial
Newcomer

Post by Blue Cordial »

I think that Evo looks alright

Wish I had One :drool:
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

CussCuss wrote:

Max. output 50 kW
Max. torque 518 Nm :shock:, per motor. 180km/hr, Is that the factory cut or is that it's full flat speed?

car sure would be interesting to drive, will be like a diesel, absolute bucketloads of torque to kick you in the ass, then you have to change gear.
except that one doesn't have a gearbox :)
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

*slaps self across head* yeah of course
umm, yeah, my knowledge of electric motors kinda ceases when we get beyond the different way to make things spin round but.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

SpidersWeb wrote:
CussCuss wrote:

Max. output 50 kW

except that one doesn't have a gearbox :)
I agree re gearbox comment, i think thats one advantage of electric motors is they have instant torque and would not require a gearbox.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Its a little flawed though.

I mean your average home power outlet is only rated at 2kW, that car is 200kW from the word go. So to run a 12 second quater mile, you'd need to put your car on charge for 20 minutes.

I kind of like being able to spend 5 minutes at a servo, and having enough power to freely roam around the country :) Also its not fixing the problem, it takes carbon monoxide off the roads but power stations will need to power the cars, so more hydrodams, more coal, more nuclear etc Just shifts the problem somewhere you cant see it.

It'd be an absolutely amazing rally car though.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Yea they say 250km in city driving conditions, wouldn't even be able to get to dunedin with that. Don't think it runs on AA's either :P
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

SpidersWeb wrote:Its a little flawed though.

I mean your average home power outlet is only rated at 2kW, that car is 200kW from the word go. So to run a 12 second quater mile, you'd need to put your car on charge for 20 minutes.

I kind of like being able to spend 5 minutes at a servo, and having enough power to freely roam around the country :) Also its not fixing the problem, it takes carbon monoxide off the roads but power stations will need to power the cars, so more hydrodams, more coal, more nuclear etc Just shifts the problem somewhere you cant see it.

It'd be an absolutely amazing rally car though.
the same argument came up in another forum. That power can be done from green sources, you can have solar panels on your roof and i think there is an electric company that you can use that is all green. 250km would get most people to work and back so there youve got your perfect daily driver. That and stuff like air cars is where the future lies.