Haltech e6k base map ?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
filiboy
I like starions

Haltech e6k base map ?

Post by filiboy »

Hello there ! Can somebody tell me where can I find base map for 4g63 starion ? simple setup - Sonata MPI with 450cc eclipse turbo injectors, Garrett gt25 turbocharger (similar in size to the stock one), ECU - Haltech e6k, or if there is another way to start the engine ? 10x a lot
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Sorry have the g54 map for it. Hopefully someone else on here has one. I have a 63 twin cam map as well, but probably won't help much as it would still need changing.
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Here's an idea that may help you - since you're going to multipoint, you will need something for a similar capacity engine that has multipoint. The closest I believe would be a map for a 4G63T VR4 galant. They are also pretty common, so you are quite likely to find a map somewhere for that. I have VR4 galant maps for EMS computers, but not for a Haltech.

If you can find a VR4 map, that will be your best starting point, and then you will have to modify from there since your engine isn't actually a VR4 and will have slightly different flow and possibly different injector sizes etc.

When I did a Microtech on a GSR-V DASH engine recently, I actually used a map from a Mitsubishi Cordia as a starting point, cos they're similar, and throttle body injection (same as my DASH engine was) but a 1.8L engine, however I had also upgraded the size of my injectors. It was actually a really close match and I got the car running well enough to drive it to the dyno turner.

Basically if you find anything that's also 4 cylinder, and multipoint, that's a fairly good start. Even a Nissan SR20DET is not too different, just has different sensor settings etc.

Hopefully that helps!
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

WidebodyWoody wrote:Sorry have the g54 map for it. Hopefully someone else on here has one. I have a 63 twin cam map as well, but probably won't help much as it would still need changing.
Yep - the twin cam 4G63 map would actually be a fairly good start for him (better than starting from scratch anyway) but yes as you say it will still need changing. Should get it running though.
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

PM me with your email if you want the twin cam basemap then.
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

Its your lucky day! i just found the map from my SOHC setup send me your email dude!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
filiboy
I like starions

Post by filiboy »

Thank you all !! :beer , that starion forum is like a gift for starion owners