Sirius dash intercooled import

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
matstar1000
[L] Plates

wiring diagrams

Post by matstar1000 »

I have some wiriing digrams for these engines, let me know if you want them
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Did you find out what turbo you have exactly ?
sirius dash
[L] Plates

turbo number

Post by sirius dash »

the turbo number is 05 - 12
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

ah, does it say intercooled on the top of the engine ?
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

i disagree with the 170kw thing. as far as i'm concerned the intercooled dash engine had 150kw, i had a pic from (i think it was the '84) motorshow where the dash engine was unveiled, the caption was 'mitsubishi's new dash engine claimed to produce 150kw' and the engine concerned had an intercooler. plus )and i know this isnt exactly a good indicator) i've been for a ride in a stock i/c dash starion and it went alright, but not 170kw alright
ive never seen a non intercooled dash engine before, who got these?

also, if you say the later ones had less power, how can i tell if my engine (which is a conversion) is the older or newer version?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

stariontron wrote:i disagree with the 170kw thing. as far as i'm concerned the intercooled dash engine had 150kw, i had a pic from (i think it was the '84) motorshow where the dash engine was unveiled, the caption was 'mitsubishi's new dash engine claimed to produce 150kw' and the engine concerned had an intercooler. plus )and i know this isnt exactly a good indicator) i've been for a ride in a stock i/c dash starion and it went alright, but not 170kw alright
ive never seen a non intercooled dash engine before, who got these?

also, if you say the later ones had less power, how can i tell if my engine (which is a conversion) is the older or newer version?
The Intercooled DASH version was rated at 170Kw, the difference in power at the wheels between both of them would only be around 10kw not 20Kw, plus you must remember unless both were rebuilt and then you drove each, you have no way of noticing the difference since these are almost 20years old.

The Intercooled DASH Engines had Intercooled written on the top. Just because you put an intercooler on a n/i DASH Engine doesn't mean you'll get an instant 20kw extra as other modifications including the Turbo were made to achieve the extra 20Kw.

Now the later DASH models with 170ps, I don't know how to tell but these were produced from 1988 onwards, I dont know of any real way to tell except to have it rebuilt then dyno test it ?

Anyone else know more about the de-tuned DASH engines ?
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

i disagree, there's a guy on these forums who has a factory dash intercooled engine, and it doesnt say 'intercooled' on the rocker cover. and i bought a spare dash setup complete with intercooler and piping, and again the head doesnt say 'intercooled' on it. one end says 'sirius' and the other end says 'DASH turbo'
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

yawns....

Post by WANTSOM »

The intercooled version had "Cyclone" on the rocker cover. Have seen one - very rare.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

none of the standard intercooled dash models ive said have had anything except 'sirius dash turbo' on the rocker cover. afaik there were no cyclone starions, im pretty sure thats a galant thing
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Yeah but

Post by WANTSOM »

That could be true but are we talking here about Dash motors or Dash Starions.

Either way I will know for sure what the power output is in about 3-4 weeks time. Will let you know the results to settle all arguments (haha).

Cheers
Greg
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Pic of a factory intercooled dash starion engine bay. (modded with larger turbo and 3rd injector in x-over pipe). If you cannot see it, its still uploading, my net = slow today.

This car is an 84, jap import, with 5 stud wheels, originally had an LSD aswell. I missed out on it due to being a poor bastard, unfortunatly.

Hows that t88 coming toysrus?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I've got the Cyclone DASH Engine and dynoed it late last year.

101.6Kw at the wheels with injectors leaking, oil pressure dropping due to leak and fuel pump #%#^& (loosing pressure from 3000rpm onwards) running 9psi.

Technically should have made 119 atw but this is a 20year old engine so it will come up good as new in a couple months time :D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I'm selling the T88 as soon as it gets here LOL so there you win :cry:

I've already ordered a TD06H-20G turbo which should be here in the next two days :D

Just about right for 500Hp ?

I wasn't sure about it saying Intercooled on the top, but then how can one tell the difference ? The VR4s' do have intercooled on the top.....

I'm sure the extra 20kw would have something to do with the turbo aswell which is why I'm asking so if anyone can find out what type TD05-## turbo someone has and if there's came with an i/c or not standard.

Mine's a TD05-12 and isn't running a/the third injector in the x/over pipe.

Also the loom which they used is unfamiliar, it doesn't have an AFM :shock:

It has this srew type switch with R & L written on it ? Rich or lean ?

Did the Cyclone type come with the third injector or is this more a Sirius thing ?

Lastly as far as I know, the Starions didn't come with the Cyclone Engines, only the Sigma & Galants did.
Last edited by toysrus on Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

thats an interesting place for a 3rd injector, i have some custom piping and the 3rd injector location (which is blanked off at the mo) is much further up by the TB inlet. does it really matter where the injector sits?
dave b
[L] Plates

2.4 DASH ?????????

Post by dave b »

GOT A COUPLE OF 4G64 ENGINES & WAS THINK'N OF DOING THE HAIR DRYER THING.WITH TURBO PISTONS & DASH HEAD WHICH I CAN SCORE WILL HOPEFULLY BE & EAISY & RELIABLE DEAL.