Shirt Farken Argh! Spot the Cameras

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Man thats rude, hope kiwi cops don't try and pull the same. Do they have to warn you in S.A. before approaching a speed camera?
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

StazzyBabyYeah, we used to have hidden cameras here but they've been declared illegal so now they only use them in the back of vans, I don't remember why they were made illegal but it'd be interesting to find out.
They can be picked up from miles away by radar detectors here, is it the same for you AUS guys?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

They probably can be detected with radar detectors, but they are illegal and the fine for having one is worse than getting caught speeding.

Its only required in NSW for speed/red light cameras to be signposted. I know that in VIC at least there are a number of red light and speed cameras that are not sign posted at all.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

I know in QLD where i live they have Landcruisers with cameras in them with a tiny sign placed 2 metres away from it facing the side of the road with SPEED CAMERA on it.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

fuck thats wrong!

who is going to slow down if they dont know its there???

or are they trying to send everyone broke so they cant drive at all?
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

the trouble is that they are supposed to DETER people from speeding. If you don't know they are there, then you aren't deterred until sometimes 3-4 months time when you get the ticket in the mail.

Speed cameras should be put in danger spots, where speed related accidents do occur, and people should know they are there.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Speed cameras should be put in danger spots, where speed related accidents do occur, and people should know they are there.
Really they should be outlawed completely as it's been shown time and time again that they do fuck all to reduce crashes. They don't even work as a deterrent because you receive the fine weeks after you committed the act.

Also, speed is rarely the actual cause of a crash, and is usually only a contributing factor to the severity of some crashes that were actually caused by some other reason - usually dumbass driving. Note that I say crashes, not accidents - there's a difference :)

Unless the police and the goverment start targetting the real causes of road trauma, they can have a camera on every street and it still won't make a difference - this has been evidenced in quite a few places (UK especially) which show that speed camera prevalence often actually increases the crash rate due to increased driver distraction (ie. looking for cameras rather than looking at the traffic).

End rant of the day :)
grothie1978
I love starions

Post by grothie1978 »

can i get an AMEN
WANTSOM, yeah give the story to someone and let them be farked over, they will investigate for sure
--Many Thanks--
REPREZENTIN'
http://www.freeyabb.com/forums/unstable.html <---REGISTER HERE
grothie1978
I love starions

Post by grothie1978 »

check this farkin shite out
http://www.roadwatch.com.au/gallery.asp
--Many Thanks--
REPREZENTIN'
http://www.freeyabb.com/forums/unstable.html <---REGISTER HERE
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

dont forget the 10% innacuracy rate too! :x
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

duh, everyone knows its got sfa to do with saving lives, its a fucken cash cow. the more people speed, the more money they get, therefore, hide the cameras so every gets caught.
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

been talking to people, apparantly they got special permission to set the cameras up like that... Not sure what i can do about it atm, will keep looking into it.
_

Post by Starion_Turbo »

This was on news other night, with those exact photos you posted up here deeks, were'd u find those pics to?
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

Starion_Turbo wrote:This was on news other night, with those exact photos you posted up here deeks, were'd u find those pics to?
decoy is an undercover detective with the SA police dept. :wink:
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

haha, if i was i wouldn't have been caught ;) Because you can't park anywhere near the cameras, some bloke with a massive zoom lens on his camera snapped the shots and posted them on a forum somewhere. THey've been circulating since tho
_