dash warning lights

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Mick
Enthusiast

dash warning lights

Post by Mick »

hi blokes

finally got round to pruning out the old starion loom which had been left under the battery tray after the conversion :wtf: , anyway just had to rerun the starter solenoid ignition power and the field current cable for the alternator to charge.

thats all good, but now when i turn to ign, i got the BRAKE lamp on all the time, still got it after i had the brakes totally flushed yesterday.

and the stuffed globe warning lamp is also lit but very dim :P

in cutting the old engine loom back to where it goes into the guard on the passenger side, hav i damaged these two warning circuits somehow??

any help would be great guys :beer

mick
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
13secJA
Lil' Dorifto

Post by 13secJA »

I parked my staz (with no BRAKE warning light showing) left it for 5 weeks then when i started it the BRAKE warning light is showing. i cant seem to get it to go away either. does anyone know what switches it on from what i can see it is not fluid level.
El-Jayz Speed Shop sells a great selection engine internals, Turbo Chargers, Waste-Gates, Intercoolers, Manifolds, Blow-Off Valves, Boost Controllers, Fuel pumps, Injectors, Pipe Work, Silicone Hoses, T-Bolt Clamps, Gaskets etc.
digitalsko
I've been here before

Post by digitalsko »

when that happend to me in my ja i would just turn the car off n then back on and it went away...
JB Starion - 2 tone Maroon/Silver, L300 MPI, KKR 430, Simmons, RX7 550cc, bosch 044 fuel pump..
194.7HP atw!!!
ukstariont3
I like starions

Post by ukstariont3 »

i had this prob also. check your fluid, and on the brake bottle lid, there is a rubber insert that drops down, causing the warning light to come on. just push the rubber skirt back into the lid, and if this is the cause, it should go out.
dave
13secJA
Lil' Dorifto

Post by 13secJA »

you the man dave!
El-Jayz Speed Shop sells a great selection engine internals, Turbo Chargers, Waste-Gates, Intercoolers, Manifolds, Blow-Off Valves, Boost Controllers, Fuel pumps, Injectors, Pipe Work, Silicone Hoses, T-Bolt Clamps, Gaskets etc.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Shit, mine has been n since I bought it!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

try with the brake fluid filled to just under the max line, maybe while it was sitting there it leaked just enough to let the sensor go
_

Post by chunkhead »

Son of a bitch!!! 3 years i've put up with that brake light, turns out it was as Dave said, the rubber insert in the lid!

This is the cap I'm talking about...

This is how I found it...

This is what it should look like...

I checked everything, can't believe it was so simple! Cheers again Dave! :beer
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

I replaced my brake filler cap a while ago, My problem is that the broken globe warning light dosnt go off, it only comes on after a while of warming up / driving but has always been lit since I got car 5 years ago, any suggestions?
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
starrzzy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by starrzzy »

I found that the broken globe light on mine kept coming in ...

Had a bad earth on the rear lights .. cleaned it up .. fixed the problem
ukstariont3
I like starions

Post by ukstariont3 »

:D no probs. glad i can pass advice worth while on :beer
dave