Tassie event?

For organising a state cruise or events, posting cruise pics from the day or even event videos.

Would you be interested in a private Track Day at Baskerville?

Yes
33%
No
33%
Maybe, it depends on whether my car is intact at the time
33%

Total votes: 6

avandulls_gal
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandulls_gal »

Thanks Cookie
SEND PICS FOR AUSTARION CALENDAR TO: austarion.calendar(at)gmail.com

(replace (at) with @, just avoiding spam)

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

count me in :beer
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Ok fellas, there is mention of a track day about 4 weeks from now.

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

I'm keen to turn over a few laps! If the Starion starts, count me in! rofl

Is there any specific requirements we need to be aware of (safety equipment, clothing)?
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

I've just put a reply in the Tassie roll call - there's a starion due to come down from the North west way next weekend, maybe meet up somewhere Sunday before they go home? I'm thinking waterworks reaserve?

Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

absolutely. waterworks is nice
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Count me in, Sunday should be fine. :beer
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Just looking at maybe booking a covered BBQ site for the Sunday if sufficient interest is aroused. Site 1 is the cheapest at $11, but has no real parking associated with it. Site 2 is $16.50 and has parking across the road. Site 9 is the largest and most expensive at $33 and is very well enclosed, huge and with close parking removed from the road. You can have a look here

http://www.hobartcity.com.au/HCC.291111 ... :pc=PC_395

Or we could just turn up, have a chat, look at the cars and not bother with a BBQ (or just hope one of them is free on the day). Up to you, let me know asap so i know whether to look into booking or not.

Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

i reckon just book and everyone bring a few bucks to fix you up and some food to please themselves because if it is worth going outside then there'll be NO free spots.
rodhamp
I like starions

Post by rodhamp »

Site 2 sounds okay.. I don't mind walking a bit to get there if parking is an issue..
1985 JB, 14.018 1/4 mile @ 162kph
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

We had a look today, site 2 actually has parking very close, about 6-10 spots 10m from the bbq shelter. It's proper gas bbq is not working so they have an auxillary bbq there :roll: . Like the cheapass he is, Avandull wanted for me to just turn up early and get a good spot before other people turn up (besides, he likes the non covered wood bbq's) but it sounds like people want to book. I will get avandull to do so tomorrow....will personally write it on his forehead in permanent marker :roll:

Does anyone mind if a couple of friends tag along?

Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

good idea more the merrier.

i'll bring the mrs if thats ok too...
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

of course!!!
And BYO food, drinks etc obviously. I'm not feeding you all :x

Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

nice well all thats left now is for it to piss down, blow a gale and be freezing cold on sunday :D
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

you forgot the ant infestation.....