Tasmanian roll-call

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Rainey
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Rainey »

As I said in the other thread! If the car starts I'm happy to cruise to the track! :D
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

There's going to be another starion come down from the sunny north coast Tas to join us next weekend for Avandull to have a squiz and poke around at. If the weather is ok, we could perhaps meet up Sunday lunchtime somewhere before they head off home? The waterworks reserve is a nice spot?? Then we could have a chat about a possible track day?
SEND PICS FOR AUSTARION CALENDAR TO: austarion.calendar(at)gmail.com

(replace (at) with @, just avoiding spam)

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Sure, if you can let me know which day (Saturday or Sunday) as soon as possible that would be fantastic. I know I have the inlaws coming around that weekend but I don't think we have decided on a day yet... :beer
STARI//ART
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

avandulls_gal wrote:we could perhaps meet up Sunday lunchtime somewhere before they head off home?

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
shiftlockmotorsport2
Big Dorifto

Post by shiftlockmotorsport2 »

hello fellow starioners! when are we meeting? am i invited haha. let us know! cheers guys!
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

if you can make it you're invited. Sunday 19th around lunch time, let's say 1:30pm (if you're seriously keen you can brink BBQ ables to Waterworks, but if it's raining, I wouldn't recommend it as all the undercover BBQ's will be taken.

shiftlockmotorsport2
Big Dorifto

isnt it the 18th? im driving upto launie then coz i gotta goto tafe. BUT ive bot baskerville on that sun but going to change it to the sat as ive gotta goto tafe! contact me for details 0407082480 sorry for the short notice
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

correct, the sunday is the 18th.
Pity you won't be able to make the sunday...1 less starion to take pics of :( . Don't reckon we'll make Baskerville Saturday, I believe the boys will be tinkering

shiftlockmotorsport2
Big Dorifto

haha thats kool i'l try make it sun mabey on the way up shall see how i go!
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

Avandull and I went for a jog down round the waterworks today, had a bit of a look and he reckons if someone (probably me) turns up around 11:30/12 ish people won't be there yet (that seems to be the way whenever we go down there) and I can snatch a free spot. Save booking a site and then it won't matter too much if it's a crap day and we decide a BBQ isn't the go.

Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Helps if I open my eyes when reading posts... Sunday :oops:

I can be at the Waterworks on Sunday at 1:30pm. Mick, if your keen mate do you want me to come down to your place on the way and we'll drive together?
STARI//ART
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

done mate see ya sometime sundy
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
avandulls_gal

Post by avandulls_gal »

I hope the T-shirts arrive by then, we'll have 4 starions to photograph!!

rodhamp
I like starions

Post by rodhamp »

avandulls_gal wrote:There's going to be another starion come down from the sunny north coast Tas to join us next weekend for Avandull to have a squiz and poke around at. If the weather is ok, we could perhaps meet up Sunday lunchtime somewhere before they head off home? The waterworks reserve is a nice spot?? Then we could have a chat about a possible track day?
Smee... Hope we get some good weather for this. I am hoping to get into a dyno on the Monday, so if I can people are welcome to come and watch...
1985 JB, 14.018 1/4 mile @ 162kph
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Rod, are you the elusive northerner for this mate? If so, the attendees will be:

Avandull/Gal
Rodhamp
Mick
Rainey
shiftlockmotorsport2 *tentative*

If thats the case, then that would be a fair effort for the 'ol isle of Tas. Mick, I'll aim to be there at about 1:10pm. :beer
STARI//ART