Lambo or Ferrari?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

A big problem with either car Flav is that women will be lining up for a date or whatever and you'll be pestered by them continuously. Like everywhere you go you'll have women staring at you. You'd be like the centre of everyone's attention. :D
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Testarossa is a much better thing. I did some work with Norwood Ferrari in Dallas Texas in the old days. They use to make twin turbo kits for Ferrari's.

Bob knows how to make fast cars and is a great guy. Sold his business a long time ago but it's still operating.
http://www.bobnorwood.com
Also http://www.norwoodperformance.com/history.htm

I remember the first time I was there Bob said jump in I need a driver to drive back a car from the muffler shop. We went down to the muffler shop
and he dropped me off Bob waited outside in his car so I could follow him. He had not told me what car it was. The guy in the muffler shop gave me the keys and said "oh it's that red 308GTB over there we just finished the exhaust on the twin turbo setup".
Oh well if I'm going to drive a Ferrari for the first time it might as well be a custom twin turbo 308 :beer
I had a lot a fun in the old days :D
Last edited by mrb1 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Personally I think too many people suck ferrari's **** without a second thought. Too many people buy.. or would buy a ferrari because it's a ferrari, not because of the actual car.

Is it a LP500 Countach you were looking at? most of them pull around 4.9 secs to a hundred and look so agressive..awesome! But as many people said there hard to steer, have poor visibility, upkeep isn't too great either. But what the hey it's a super car after all, they aren't made to be practical, and it's all the random impractical bits that make a lambo, a lambo. This site is good for information on them http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/

The Testarossa is a very nice car, I don't know too much about them but if I were being sensible and was looking for a more refined car I'd pick that over a Countach, there not as 'loud' as the lambo but are another one of the 80's icon cars. Without a doubt there are more ferrari fans out there so if you're after attention, the ferrari would be a winner. By the way the Testarossa doesn't have powersteer either. Don't get me wrong I love ferrari's aswell, especially the F40's and 288 GTO's :drool:

Just to add to all that, the countach has a similar story to the GT40. It was made out of hate and spite.. how cool is that.
This car, along with most of the other cars built by Lamborghini had one purpose: To beat Ferrari. Mr. Ferruccio Lamborghini, a tractor manufacturer, had an argument with Enzo Ferrari. He had bought a Ferrari and had a complaint with the car. When he approached Enzo Ferrari with his comments, Enzo replied that the problem was with the driver and not with the car. He also remarked that Ferruccio was just a tractor maker and did not understand real engineering. The result was a super car dynasty.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Re: Italian Stallion

Post by RiceThief »

Brent wrote:The ultimate car or the ultimate tractor?
Get the horsey!
It must be in rossa coursa.
Bit of a quiz:
What does the word "Testarossa" mean?
I think testarossa means red head, or it might have been red italian
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

StazzyBabyYeah wrote:Personally I think too many people suck ferrari's **** without a second thought.

(etc)
But you're saying that after the second thought, Ferrari is still the better option?

In an ideal world I'd own an F40 and a Countach, but my daily would still be my widebody ^_^
Brent
Lil' Dorifto

Correct answer!

Post by Brent »

RiceThief, you are on the money.
Red head refers to the colour of the rocker covers.

I have been in a Countach.
It belonged to a friends rich uncle. (tax dodge)
He got me a ride as a Xmas gift.
It was not what I expected, talk about desolving all your child hood dreams at once.
More rumble than three Harleys from the inside.
Nothing smooth about it.
You could hardly even see out of those little windows.
It seemed so much better in The Cannon Ball Run!

Anyone want to drive me round in their F40?
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

jrod82 wrote:
StazzyBabyYeah wrote:Personally I think too many people suck ferrari's **** without a second thought.

(etc)
But you're saying that after the second thought, Ferrari is still the better option?

no, I'm saying to many people would pick the ferrari because it's a ferrari.. not because of the actual car. When I said the testarossa would be a good choice I was looking at the car.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Well....this is interesting!
The drive in the Testarossa (testa=head, rossa=red) was both good and bad. The car has INSTANT acceleration and screams its brains out like its gonna explode, but the brakes are crap and the shifting is for a body builder. The car looks huge but when your driving it it feels smaller. The handling is dead flat, this was stunningly impressive. The inner front locked up when it was going hard under brakes and turning in but i was stepping on the pedal hard. The interior is very 80's but still acceptable.
I give it an overall 7/10.

Now i have to find a Lambo.....

http://www.sportsandprestigeimports.com/page12.html
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

i may regret saying this (hahaha) but Flav if you ever get sick of your life I'm willing to swap with you.

dave
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Damn thats an impressive dyno graph...sorry slightly OT, its from a 308...

Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

testa = head, rossa/rosso = red, for example, testa de catso = DICK HEAD. just so u know. And the ferrari colour rosso corsa means `track red`.. va fon culo everybody! rofl
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

You are fkn funny...........
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

funny? facce de fica putana! that should be in manworld... LOL

oh yeah flav i got a 1/24th scale Burago testarossa for sale for $15 its even rosso corsa.. :D
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Dont turn this thread into Italian abuse matey.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Ahh u love it..

seriously tho and back on topic, i put my vote in for the countach. no other car screams TECHNOPUNK louder than an lp500s countach. amount of replicas is a turn off tho, but the testarossa to me is just abit soft for my liking. and we all know about ferrari`s slightly inconsistent build quality. all rides on which one u like driving more tho, unless ur just looking for a kewl thing 2 look at in your loungeroom... or my other vote would be 550 maranello. maybe abit pricey but.. front engine rwd :drool: