parting a starion

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
jameshey_1
I've been here before

parting a starion

Post by jameshey_1 »

hey guys i dont kno weather to put this in here or in the buy/sell section but i just wanted to kno how much i could expect to get from parting out a good condition stock JA because no one wants to buy her .... ? lets say over a 6 month period any estimates would be appreciated

thanks
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Depends on what ya got and what condition its in and who is looking at the time and where they are and if they have any money or not and if someone has the same part cheaper and/or closer and how much you want to hold out for a price.... get the picture

pm if you want and I can help you with specifics - have parted 2 cars on the way to building the track car.

But the big ticket item is a LSD - I was lucky (or smart)- all the cars I got hold of had the LSD fitted :D
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

im gonna go with lucky
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Parting out a good JA is not going to glean big $$. Most people want rarer stuff that is found on JB &D models. Also seems a shame to part out a good car to me.

Have you tried the tradingpost? Selling with safety cert & rego?
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
merlin
Enthusiast

Post by merlin »

Hey WANTSOM, from where I'm sitting (a nice safe distance away you will notice) the LSD's were the only 'lucky' part. :D
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Now we're all comedians arent we :roll:
rofl
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

try the veal
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Oh stop it, ya killing me LOL
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

I'm parting out a Corida and an Eterna at the moment and I've found that by far the most sought after parts are turbos, intercoolers and piping, injectors and gearboxes (in that order). Those parts all sell really quick and then everything else can take months (or years) to sell.

It might be different for Starions though as they are a lot less common (and break more often? :D)