SOLD: 1982 Starion plus 1982 Starion wreck

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
goo857
Dorifto!

SOLD: 1982 Starion plus 1982 Starion wreck

Post by goo857 »

My 1982 JA Starion (Syke's old Starion) is now up for sale. I'll be checking out the LSD ratio this Friday and giving her some new oil, etc.

*1982 JA Starion
*Red/Red-Orange
*Rebuilt engine - done about 40,000km.
*3.545 LSD
*Coltspeed front spoiler
*T3 turbo
*Alspos' front and rear sway bars
*JD Tail-lights
*Alarm and Immobiliser
*JVC Head Unit
*6" Cadence front speakers
*6"x9" JL Audio rears

She's looking a bit rough with a replaced rear bumper (blue) and some scratches here and there. The interior's okay and I've replaced the headlight buttons that were in pieces when I first purchased her. The headlights don't go down at the moment though.

Mechanically, she's great. All it takes to get her looking good again would be replacing/fixing up the rear bumper, cut 'n' polish of the body again (still straight as). The stereo is also great and provides fantastic sound.

I paid about $4k to get her on the road earlier this year, after Syke spent $800 the month prior to my purchase to replace the AFM, leads, fuel filter, TPS and clearing out carbon buildup.

Make me an offer.

Reason for the sale is that I may have to leave the country for a year or so shortly. Beware buyers! This car sent Syke overseas too, so if you want a holiday, this Starion may make those dreams come true. lol

I'll also be selling my JA wreck that's pretty straight apart from the front-end. The driver's side lower control arm and tie-rod etc. are bent from impact, so she will need to be trailered.

She'll come with a red, damaged rear bumper and JA tail-lights (from Syke's red Starion), no headlight buttons, spare front bumper, Momo steering wheel, boost gauge, exhaust, etc. but not the nice, big front-mount intercooler (that's too good to give up).

I believe the wreck could be restored, but I never heard from the insurance agency on whether or not it was fully written off. I believe that it may be fine to go back on the road as they said that it was not worth spending a couple of grand to get her back on the road when another could be purchased for the same price. If not, there're plenty of parts there that'd be useful. I really don't want to see her binned or scrapped, so if you can put her back on the road, GREAT!

I'm looking for around $500 for the wreck complete (will not part out).

Pics of both will be available by request and can be e-mailed.

Contact may be made either through here or after 6PM (AEST) on 0413 502 159. No tire-kickers please. I'm located in Melbourne.
Last edited by goo857 on Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chris
JA Starion 1: SOLD
JA Starion 2 (modified front-end chassis, moved inches to the passenger-side for impressive dorifto-look) :( :SOLD
Fuel
Enthusiast

Re: EOI: 1982 Starion plus 1982 Starion wreck FS in 3 weeks

Post by Fuel »

goo857 wrote:My 1982 JA Starion (Syke's old Starion)..... *3.9 LSD !!!!
I hate giving bad news, but unless you have changed the diff, it isnt a 3.9 LSD.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Apparently it is a 3.9. It was changed ages ago (according to Skye)
Fuel
Enthusiast

Post by Fuel »

Jason (Skye) and I tested the diff by going for a drive and checking speed vs rpm. It worked out the same as mine (3.545).
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Well there you go. He got misinformed somewhere along the way then.

Jack it up, spin the wheel see how many times the tailshaft spins. Easy. Get back to us Goo. :D
Fuel
Enthusiast

Post by Fuel »

Yes good idea, jack it up. Check the sticker on the back of the diff also.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

For the ratio? I don't think so.

Fuel
Enthusiast

Post by Fuel »

Well both my LSD's had stickers with the ratio on it.

One sticker like that one, another with jap writing and the ratio.
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

Fuel wrote:Jason (Skye) and I tested the diff by going for a drive and checking speed vs rpm. It worked out the same as mine (3.545).
Yes, but I believe he said that his speedo was over-reading by a significant %, which could suggest that the diff had been changed, but the speedo hadn't been calibrated
Fuel
Enthusiast

Post by Fuel »

it should be under-reading, not over if that was the case.

It didn't feel like a 3.9 either...

But i am happy to be proven wrong. :)
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

sorry, i meant to say that the speedo was saying more speed than the car was actually going.. say if the speedo was at 100, the car was at roughly 90..
it didn't feel that good when i drove it either, but then again, the balance shaft belt had slipped or broken, so the car wasn't revving as freely as it should..
the jack and twist trick should tell us though, i'm very interested to see what it was :D
goo857
Dorifto!

Post by goo857 »

No probs guys. Strangely enough, I never took the time to check that one out. If I get the chance this weekend (been spending every waking hour packing), I'll give it a jack, twist and turn with lemon and let you know how it goes. :)
Chris
JA Starion 2 (modified front-end chassis, moved inches to the passenger-side for impressive dorifto-look) :( :SOLD
goo857
Dorifto!

Post by goo857 »

OK. I haven't had time yet, but a mate and I will be using his hoist this Friday to check the LSD and I'll give her some fresh oil and a clean-up, etc. while I'm at it. I'll see if I can get an RWC too.

Looking to sell her and the wreck this weekend or early next week before I head off to Japan.
Chris
goo857
Dorifto!

Post by goo857 »

OK. Checked the LSD today. It is a 3.545 LSD (sticker on it and everything!).

I'm leaving the country this coming Wednesday and would like to see the wreck sold before then if not both cars.

Offers please, but not not for parts. Cars are to be sold whole and as is (no RWC or Reg.).

Chris
Chris
goo857
Dorifto!

Post by goo857 »

Both cars have now been sold. Enjoy!
Chris