IF ONLY IT WAS LEGAL!

If you think it might offend someone, chuck it in here where the wusses don't look!
CaZ1600
Newcomer

Post by CaZ1600 »

ive had my cordial off the dial 2 times, so thats like what 225 -230?
and ive had mums magna to arrund 230- 240 never again n the magna, shit it was all voer the palce but the cordial was having no probs
yes im still a red P plater with one point left, maby i shoudl be doing this stuff any more eh?
lol
Matt
Dorifto!

Post by Matt »

ive done 220ish a couple times in qld bruce highway in a trx, bmx 3s, vr comma, vn,
ive done 200 in a fto and a vn calais
ive done 189ish in a mr2 near red hill

the scariest shit of all that was jumping a vr at 215ish we just hit a fat ditch in the road and i thought i was dead hardcore i shat myself twice maybe three times :wtf:
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

ive done 200 when racing my mate yeah i won!
go the staz!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

200+ in my 1977 LB Lancer 2 years ago
Happy Valley drive in adelaide, lovely long road, nobody on it at 3am on my way home from work (back then, i moved)

car was fast, came up to a sweeping bend and it drifted into the right lane and scared the bejesus out of me. the car only had 175 tyres on 13" mags.
Ran it off the clock so over 200. got up to that speed in about 1km, its about 6km long.

Most stupid thing i have ever done.

did 180 in a 40 zone without a bonnet in a R32 skyline 6pm at night(former mates house's street) i converted to turbo (owner didnt want brake upgrade, so slowing down was abit scary)
1983 JA Staz
skip
Registered Bitch

Re: IF ONLY IT WAS LEGAL!

Post by skip »

SOWTZ wrote: I try and see how fast I can go before I have to break and turn to go toward my house. I usually hit the top of 3rd (about 155ish km/h in my car) before I chicken out and start braking. I have got up just above 165km/h a couple of time.
That’s just a tic more then 4 times the legal limit :twisted:
This has to be said:
Two have my friends have DIED in car crashes near their home due to the fact they thought they could get away with similar stuff to this......think about it dude. You could kill someone else too.
Take it to the fucking track!!!! If your car can make it to that speed in 3rd without something going wrong, it's obviously running well enough to get a track workout. And I'm not going to comment on the fact you did it near a fucking school! :glare:

Rant over.

Now I'll be a slight hipocrite. There is somewhere in SA about one hour from the city where there is literally 30+ km of dead straight fully sealed road and it starts with a great hill. One clear morning, no traffic (you can see at least 5km ahead) I made 170-180 (stock JD) quite easily before I felt I could've done something stupid. Eased back to 120ish for the rest of the trip, but had to tell my foot off because it kept wanting it to go faster.
avandulls_gal
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandulls_gal »

I agree skip. I'm guilty of similar, but I know full well it was stupid. Take it to the track.
SEND PICS FOR AUSTARION CALENDAR TO: austarion.calendar(at)gmail.com

(replace (at) with @, just avoiding spam)

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
SOWTZ
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by SOWTZ »

I know it is stupid hence the fact I haven’t done it again. I only did it at night (past 10:30pm), still no excesses. NOT doing it again. I was thinking about it on the toilet (do a lot of good work there), got thinking about what ‘could’ happen, NOT good.
If I wanna see what my car can do there is a lot of other ways i can do it.
I have a car. I use it to drive to work, to drive to work I need petrol, petrol cost money, I must work to make this money… it’s a vicious cycle!
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

SOWTZ wrote:I only did it at night (past 10:30pm), still no excesses.
One mate died in a crash with no-one else on the road at 3:30am.
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

Like any other activity with any risks involved, you weigh up the potential of hurting yourself and others and the likelyhood that it will occur, put it up against the intrisic value of the activity (as there is rarely any financial benefit from this) and then make a concious decision to do it based on full knowledge of what may happen.
---------
TVR T350C
digitalsko
I've been here before

Post by digitalsko »

Well when i bought my ja staz from adelaide and drove it back to lismore via melbourne... i got it upto around the 220 mark. was rather scary and felt like the car was floating.
Anyway over 30hrs driving from fri nite to sun arvo and not even 1 speeding ticket :D
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I read a review once that said a stock staz handles nicely up to 190.. gets to be a bit of a white knuckle ride after that.
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

tmz_99 wrote:Like any other activity with any risks involved, you weigh up the potential of hurting yourself and others and the likelyhood that it will occur, put it up against the intrisic value of the activity (as there is rarely any financial benefit from this) and then make a concious decision to do it based on full knowledge of what may happen.
Problem is most people don't consider others or themselves as it's a heat of the moment thing (ie going fucking fast in an urban area). The ONE time I decided to push the limit the only thing that could've gone wrong was me wiping myself out across a paddock or three. My choice. Once.

Don't endanger others is all I'm saying. Or yourself either, preferably.

FWIW, the most recent mate who did this resulted in his family having no kids after his sister previously undertook a risky activity resulting in her losing her life too. Realise actions have repercussions to others as well as yourself.

Seeing how fast your car can fang it around the suburbs isn't worth all of this sort of grief.
evoJB
I like starions more

Post by evoJB »

gotta say guys that as impressive as speed is, get it to the track and risk your own life, not anyone else on the road. I've hit over 220 in the jb, the guy who sold it too me though it a good idea through traffic, on a test drive, very scary. but i bought the car. You have a performance car, now you have the responsibility not to destroy anyones chances of owning performance vehicles, too many young people speeding = restrictions, ie NSW. Don't get me wrong, wring the neck out of the thing, but do it at a track with propper safety and no grannys.
Starion Powered By EVO
220.5kw/atw
sucka
I like starions more

Post by sucka »

305 Kmh(indicated speed), public roads :D
two wheels not four. :twisted:
Does this count?
JPC
almost postwhore

Post by JPC »

tmz_99 wrote:Like any other activity with any risks involved, you weigh up the potential of hurting yourself and others and the likelyhood that it will occur, put it up against the intrisic value of the activity (as there is rarely any financial benefit from this) and then make a concious decision to do it based on full knowledge of what may happen.
Hmmm... so do I take it that you did the above before you took me and Barney for a hoon in your ex-Paradoxx, VR4-powered beastie, Tom? :wink:

...I think Ashly and I were considering whether our life insurance was paid up :D
Starion nutter since 1988...
1983 JA, 1984 JA, 1985 JB (all rego'd, all running :D )