XBOX and TV into Starion

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

hey guys, dam I know it's illegal but what isn't these days?
I just bought a pocker PC with GPS so that'll be in the staz soon. Does anyone have GPS yet? Or am I the first staz in Aus?

Cheers DAve
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

I was going to put a console and screen into the Starion (given there's about 15-20 old&new consoles in my *pantry* - don't ask), but I honestly thought I would very rarely use it. If I were to put one in my gf's car, then it'd get used by me I'm sure ;)

So the cash is going on an Alpine 7998 head deck, Alpine F1 splits and an amp to power them. They get put in tomorrow!

Sub(s) and iPod adapter next month :)
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

skip wrote:..iPod adapter next month :)
I have this Belkin kit: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductP ... _Id=149006

Goes through the dock connector to give true Line Out - much better than an FM transmitter or using the headphone port..
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

I'm getting the Alpine iPod adapter. High quality digital audio, 'compensation' for the compression of audio (apparently gives more depth to the tunes and actually works) and gives some control of the iPod to the head unit. Huzzah! :D
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

Ah of course, I have heard about that. Not sure if they have improved it, but when it came out there were heaps of bad reviews about the head unit being crap at navigating through your collection - that's why I got the adapter for my stock head unit - the iPod interface is much better suited to controlling it than the head unit! Less seamless but ah well, I usually have everything on random anyway.
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

Has anyone had experience with the LCD screens? I have this jaycar unit and it seems to work intermitantly?? All connections are good no blown fuses and screen just shows static.

2 things I considere)
1st is that the screen needs an independant power supply not tapping into the same one that powers the radio.
2nd The radio heating up heats the screen casing and overloads it.

But why work and some times not?
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

It's not perfect (and I'll be Alpine with release some head units with decent rotary control and iPod interface built in soon :roll: ) but I like the fact that it's integrated, the sound's clean and it charges the iPod.

I'm building it into the centre 'gap' just behind the gearstick so that the iPod will slot in :)

Now if it was onlyl this much fun to organise dent and rust removal...
Dr-X
[P] Plates

Post by Dr-X »

GADGET wrote:Has anyone had experience with the LCD screens? I have this jaycar unit and it seems to work intermitantly?? All connections are good no blown fuses and screen just shows static.

2 things I considere)
1st is that the screen needs an independant power supply not tapping into the same one that powers the radio.
2nd The radio heating up heats the screen casing and overloads it.

But why work and some times not?
It should DEFINATELY have it's own supply from the battery. As for heat - the only thing you can do here is provide some cooling via a small fan or similar. Try the power supply first - especially if you're running the factory radio power wire, which you should never do with an aftermarket head unit any way.
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

A cooling fan makes sense but room behind that panel is bugger all! The wiring is all squished and compacted up behind the radio and screen. I considered extending everything and getting it out the way under the carpet.
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?