DEFECT NO MORE!

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Tungsten
[L] Plates

DEFECT NO MORE!

Post by Tungsten »

After FOUR inspections and 2 YEARS my friggin JA starion has finally been cleared of defect today!

Ah mate, thought i'd never see this day. When i first got it, only drove it for two weeks before it got done.

Well i've learnt my lesson. Keep your car as stock as a rock because you cant mess with the state transport authority.

Thinking back my lifes changed so much over the past 2 years and one thing ive come to learn is that my starion is the biggest bitch in the world! But ive perservered with it and now i truly appreciate the full meaning of how wonderful it is to drive a starion.

So slow down, love your starion everyday and be happy as long as you can drive it!
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

:o

i can't beleve you made it! Do you still have your same mob number? havn't heard back from u in aaaages.
_

Re: DEFECT NO MORE!

Post by dirty sanchez »

Tungsten wrote:So slow down, love your starion everyday and be happy as long as you can drive it!
It's OK to love your starion, just don't LOVE your starion..... you'll end up getting your private bits burnt
Glenjo
Enthusiast

Post by Glenjo »

Talking from experience Sanchez?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

they dont call him dirty for nothing ;)
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

I don't want to brag, but I've got a 3 inch exhaust tip :D
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

LOL. a 3 inch tip...nothing to brag about :P
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

HAHA LMAO to quote seinfeild: That's gold jerry, gold!

let's wait for mr sanchez's response :)
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

It was cold that day........ besides, I was young and needed the money!
Tungsten
[L] Plates

Post by Tungsten »

yeah decoy gotta catch up sometime!

Give me about a week or so though coz i wanna put the bodykit on first. Its been sitting under my bed for so long. Got an intercooler i got to put on to.

i know i said i should leave my starion stock, but im really unsure whether or not i should put a big muffler back on it or not. I got a 3 inch exhaust from the turbo and its going out through an MX6 muffler with a 1 inch tip. Im not that fussed with power anymore and I dont really want the attention of a loud muffler but it seems like a waste if i dont put one on. Especially seeing how i still got the old apexi muffler just lying in the garage (it is also the muffler that got me originally defected). :?
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

sure let me know when you're free. i've been defected since we last met so my cars been back to stock and havn't put much back on it again. My zorst was over as well but i'm just on the limit 97db when i installed a resonator. maybe it would bring urs quiet enough to escape too much suspicion?
_

Post by Tungsten »

hey when did you get defected again?

nah thats it i aint gonna put on some loud ass muffler so i can get defected again. Looks like im gonna keep the pea shooter. Silent but deadly...
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

I have a 3" dump into a resonator, then 2.5" all the way back with a crappy little sports muffler and a 2.5" tip, looks stock as a rock, and sounds only ever so slightly louder, but easily very legal, and goes heaps better than the standard system.
It doesn't need to be deafening to provide good performance.

I used to have a 3" all the way through with a big cannon muffler, 4" tip which made my ears ring after trips and gave me heaps of power in the top end, but the new setup is only slightly less powerful in the top end, and spools up quicker too
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

Tungsten wrote:hey when did you get defected again?
couple of months ago... sucked ass they screwed me bad. luckily i got some cheap labour otherwise i would've never gotten off.
_