Stage 3 cam

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Jesusdroveawestfield
christian moderator

Cam

Post by Jesusdroveawestfield »

My stage......sorry cookie. My new cam came today along with valve springs, and adjustable timing wheel. Ron is installing tomorrow then off to the dyno. Will post dyno sheet as soon as available.
I wouldnt want to belong to any club that would have me as a member
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

I hope we see some good results Daz :) I bet I'll hear rons teeth grinding as he adjusts the MT :P
Ford G6ET 458wkws
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

I wouldn't think Ron is tuning it.. is he!?
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

stage 5

Post by tmz_99 »

Beyond The Limit is selling stage 5 cams.. :S god this is confusing....
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

I wouldnt think you could just wack a very different profile cam in without changing the maps.
Ford G6ET 458wkws
Jesusdroveawestfield
christian moderator

Cam in

Ok here's the deal. Ron fitted the cam and valve springs today and the end result is AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o The power delivery now just does not stop. It pulls soooooo easily now to 6200 a couple of times on the way home. Before it was struggling to get to 5500. Also at about 4,000 the power would taper off. Now the power surge just continues right to the redline. By all accounts now I would suggest 220kw at the engine as it was 200 before at 4200. Now the funny part is how we picked it up. A mate and I go today at lunch to get it. I had shown David incorrectly how to change the timing on the microtech hand controller. We took it for a run and it felt absolutly no different. Anyway such is life. As I left Rons I went into my controller to change my timing by 15 deg as I do since the water meth and noticed that David had retarded the ignition by 12 deg.
Not his fault as I said because I had shown him the wrong screen. Anyway basicly it was now running about 20 deg less timing then when I dropped it off. See where the power went ! A quick trip into the microtech and upped the timing to zero increase above normal and it was a transformation. I have yet to add the usual 12 deg to it that I normally run. Charlie you would be very happy with this cam.
Seems Chris that although it would benefit from a dyno the cam alone made a huge difference. Remember though because of the water/meth my engine is very tolerant to high boost etc.
Coming home I lost all boost and assumed a hose had blown. Nope I have dropped the actuator arm off the wastegate. All that good stuff is just blowing away.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

eeeeeexxxxcellent...you must take me for a drive, Daz. Let me know when you have the dyno booked :)

Has the cam affected lag at all? I have found that with the new cooler, I can get boost earlier, but the turbo kick is still at the same rpm.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Jesusdroveawestfield
christian moderator

No lag

No Charlie I was very very surprised about the effect down low. No noticable difference at all to low and midrange power delivery.
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

now that news excites me. as my head is currently being ported, polished and match ported. also new cam and valve springs.

so look out 8)
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Hopefully some tuning will improve upon it amd only make it better. Time to give Mark a call :)

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

hey Jesus, what is the deal with u'r water inj? what size nozzle did u use and what pressure? i have a 217psi water system but no injectors yet. (but accumulator keeps exploding, damit!) all the nozzles I have seen flow way too much (see that, "too", not "to" :D ) too much water @ 15bar, it just floods the engine. But I don’t wanna lower the pressure cos the atomisation of water isn’t that efficient at anything under 14bar or so. (for what i want, anyway) any info would be cool, cheers.
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

What cam are you running, Barney?

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Jesusdroveawestfield
christian moderator

My water inj came from the states. Not sure what inj size I amn using, it came with 2. Yes keep the pump high u r correct about water needing to be atomized.
Nice job on the "too" :wink:
I will try and fing out inj size 4 u
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

Thats awsome news Daz! I'll be getting one of those then. It should really kick with the extra 12degs

So where can we get one?
Ford G6ET 458wkws
Jesusdroveawestfield
christian moderator

I got mine from RPW but I think Charlie was looking at camtec.