need good condition cowling

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
EBOULAR
[L] Plates

need good condition cowling

Post by EBOULAR »

This is a bit of a long shot but I'm after the entire panel that the catch grill clips to. Can remove myself if your in or near auckland, its just that it can only be removed if the windscreen is out. So hopefully somehow there's somebody who has a stripped shell in which this panel is in good condition, minor surface rust is ok. Piece of piss to remove with a drill and flat head or descent paint scraper.

Cheers
Zak
[/img][/url]
1985 Mitsubishi Starion GSRIII
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

i could go one of these in Melbourne too if anyone has one here
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
EBOULAR
[L] Plates

Post by EBOULAR »

bigmoz wrote:i could go one of these in Melbourne too if anyone has one here
Me first though! Lol
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

for sure, it goes without saying
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

As far as I am aware ALL Starion's we produced like that... LOL LOL LOL

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
Neil
Big Dorifto

Post by Neil »

wow - the only good thing about living in a sh1teh0le with bugger all humidity and no coastal salt is that my Starion is (so far) rust free (I'm the 2nd owner and 1st was from central NSW)

On a HiJack note : what are the main rust areas a Staz owner should look out for? I keep the inner front guards clear of "stuff" and the back hatch (under seals are all good)... door sills look OK -where should I be looking?
1987 JD Starion
EBOULAR
[L] Plates

Post by EBOULAR »

Neil wrote:wow - the only good thing about living in a sh1teh0le with bugger all humidity and no coastal salt is that my Starion is (so far) rust free (I'm the 2nd owner and 1st was from central NSW)

On a HiJack note : what are the main rust areas a Staz owner should look out for? I keep the inner front guards clear of "stuff" and the back hatch (under seals are all good)... door sills look OK -where should I be looking?
Everywhere!! Lol Will upload pics later
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

The piece that EBOULAR has posted is the primary culprit for rust in these cars. Neither of mine are 100% perfect in this spot.

What you have there looks pretty repairable EBOULAR?
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Hmmm, maybe actually pretty tricky to repair, looking at the dodgy repairs from the past on it...
EBOULAR
[L] Plates

Post by EBOULAR »

ProZac wrote:Hmmm, maybe actually pretty tricky to repair, looking at the dodgy repairs from the past on it...
Dodgy repairs? Hurts my feelings lol it was one of the first repairs I did 6 years ago, although it had rusted out along the sides where the wiper motor and boostsensor mount I remember there was minor surface rust inside at the time so I bombed it full of softseal and turned a blind eye to it, 6 years later I'm kicking my ass for not doing a job that would have only taken a weekend which will now take me atleast 10's of days to fix properly.

Its definitely repairable but I've had thoughts of building a stainless one. Wouldn't be exactly the same but would never rust, I've rebuilt all behind and around the drivers side sidevent this way as well as many other places and at the rate that all the rust and my repairs are going by the time I'm 80 I could have a fully stainless starion which would be fully sik...delorean styles!!

On a serious note the rust has gotten really bad so ive decided to start the rebuild which ill be posting soon, although I was thinking of importing that mint white 89 quest with all the early hks parts on it but whats the fun in that? Haha
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Hah, I'm sure they weren't nearly as dodgy when they were done? If it kept the car on the road for you for a few more years, good call :-).
EBOULAR
[L] Plates

Post by EBOULAR »

Bump....