ProZac's 1982 Starion - Now with added 86!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:Not bad at all!
Those little add-ons would have cost a pretty penny! The front lip (very rare), perspex roof spoiler, conquest lights & mags. At least a $grand there!

Actually, those Conquest lights do slow you down! They have metal reflectors inside the unit instead of our chromed plastic insides.
I rip them out when I clear them (usually the blinker section cleared and replace an orange globe)
:beer
Haha our Starion tails have metal reflectors too, must be a US thing... lovin' the chrome.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
STARZILA
I love starions

Post by STARZILA »

Yeah looks pretty good man. Your right, the trademe pics didnt do her any justice. :pimp
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Anyone out there in NewZealand land have a factory non-intercooled radiator overflow bottle? Mine is using.... something else. Would like a factory one :)

Chur.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Cheers Starzila. If it had been a shitter, I was coming home to call you tell you yours was sold. For what your asking yours is a complete and absolute steal, I'm sure you wont have trouble selling it :)
STARZILA
I love starions

Post by STARZILA »

Think ive got a spare bottle..
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

ProZac wrote:Lunacy - Very keen on a factory stereo, working or not....
So am I! I'd settle for a goodlooking front... PM me if anyone got some to sell!
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Bored before work... Will update thread.

Passenger side headlight was really dim on either full or low beam, usually points to a grounding issue. Had a poke around and noticed a whole bunch of extra wiring in the area. Someone had installed some cibie kit that used the factory H4 plug as a signal, and switched two extra relays that were added on, which then powered the headlights...
Why I ask? The factory system uses a relay already... Its not like your really protecting any wiring, or allowing yourself to draw more current for higher power bulbs or anything...
I removed it all, plugged the factory plugs back into the headlight, and voila, works perfectly.

Also in the aftermarket wiring arena, someone had added a PIAA kit also to power the factory later model driving lights... Didn't work. I removed it all and will wire it with a three position switch, so I can have them off, on all the time, or on automatically with the high-beams.

Last couple of bits of non-factory wiring to remove are the averagely installed stereo wiring (will see if the speakers are useable though, coz they're pretty cool), the ugly ass boost gauge, and the high stop lights. The high stops are mounted to the underwside of the perspex wing on the boot hatch, and its actually a really good place for them... Pity whoever did it made a hash of it. Need to wire up properly and actually install them in the middle of the car, not skewed 100mm to the passengers side like they are at the moment.

Tested the headlight washers, they work! Never had a set that do before :).

Unfortnately when DJZ and I towed it home, the front spoiler got broken... I was a bit excited and didnt quite think properly, should have removed the bumper to tow it, as thats really easy to do. Its a nice clean break, but has meant I've had to remove the bumper and spoiler. A mate is going to sort out plastic welding it up for me on monday :). Its been repaired in one of the corners before, and looks like whoever did it did quite a nice job. It's still strong, but also flexible.

Right, time for my one soul crushing day per week at the House Of Rippie, wooyeah.
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

ProZac wrote:Bored before work... Will update thread.

Passenger side headlight was really dim on either full or low beam, usually points to a grounding issue. Had a poke around and noticed a whole bunch of extra wiring in the area. Someone had installed some cibie kit that used the factory H4 plug as a signal, and switched two extra relays that were added on, which then powered the headlights...
Why I ask? The factory system uses a relay already... Its not like your really protecting any wiring, or allowing yourself to draw more current for higher power bulbs or anything...
I removed it all, plugged the factory plugs back into the headlight, and voila, works perfectly.

Also in the aftermarket wiring arena, someone had added a PIAA kit also to power the factory later model driving lights... Didn't work. I removed it all and will wire it with a three position switch, so I can have them off, on all the time, or on automatically with the high-beams.

Last couple of bits of non-factory wiring to remove are the averagely installed stereo wiring (will see if the speakers are useable though, coz they're pretty cool), the ugly ass boost gauge, and the high stop lights. The high stops are mounted to the underwside of the perspex wing on the boot hatch, and its actually a really good place for them... Pity whoever did it made a hash of it. Need to wire up properly and actually install them in the middle of the car, not skewed 100mm to the passengers side like they are at the moment.

Tested the headlight washers, they work! Never had a set that do before :).

Unfortnately when DJZ and I towed it home, the front spoiler got broken... I was a bit excited and didnt quite think properly, should have removed the bumper to tow it, as thats really easy to do. Its a nice clean break, but has meant I've had to remove the bumper and spoiler. A mate is going to sort out plastic welding it up for me on monday :). Its been repaired in one of the corners before, and looks like whoever did it did quite a nice job. It's still strong, but also flexible.

Right, time for my one soul crushing day per week at the House Of Rippie, wooyeah.
Must come in handy being so electrically minded. Good stuff. I've never heard of headlight washers that actually work. Thats worth a youtube video :D

87 Starion EX
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

More than happy to have a look at any electrical gremlins on your staz if they crop up man :)
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

I have headlight washers to on mine :D
Must have been a high spec'd car rofl
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Pffft headlight washers! Just more un-needed weight haha! I sold mine!
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

ProZac wrote: Tested the headlight washers, they work! Never had a set that do before :).
Mine work so well they wash my windscreen at night!!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

ProZac wrote: Tested the headlight washers, they work! Never had a set that do before :).
Mine work so well on the JB that they wash my windscreen at night!!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

FST4RD wrote:I have headlight washers to on mine :D
Must have been a high spec'd car rofl
I wish mine still worked, I ended up taking the system out cause it was all rotted. Got to think of something cool to use the button with now

87 Starion EX
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Well when I get around to ripping mine out your most welcome to the parts... If they're any good of course!
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion