Fuel leak

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Powerslave
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Powerslave »

Thanx guys , good to be part of the clan.
Yes , I'd love to get the intercooler on first , but there's a few things I gotta take care of first , like the leaking steer rack & throttle body , and some good rubber. The throttle body is pissin out fuel where the hanrness goes in. I don't know if it's caused by the broken grommet where the lead wires go in (at the top of the throttle body) , or something inside the throttle body. Once I get a truck to get the car home , I'll sus it out. Anyone had this experience with throttle body leak before ???
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Yep, the seal around the fuel injectors are gone. Fuel fills up the area where the injectors live and it leaks out that hole. Pull the ECI cap off, pull the injectors out of the cap and fit another o-ring on them. Measure the width of the o-ring gap, go to a bearing place, buy some of varying sizes and thicknesses to suit. I got a fat one that fit in the groove, and used sandpaper, a drill and a bit of steel rod to sand the oring down to fit in the ECI cap. The o-ring when finished had a flat side on it (like a D shape) You will see what I mean when you do it.

Good luck and welcome aboard.
Cam
c'mon change my thingy

Post by Cam »

I suggest not going to Mitsubishi for the parts as the kit for all the O-rings for the injectors etc is around $300

P.S. Thanks Al For moving the post WHILE i was typing!
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Cos I knew?!?!? :? oops
Guru
Lil' Dorifto

Removing the ECI Cap

Post by Guru »

Dump the coolant before you unbolt the ECI cap... trust me on this one!
Cam
c'mon change my thingy

Post by Cam »

When i pulled my eci cap off i found two bolts that fitted that way i took one out rebolted it back down at the bottom then the other and put the other bolt in. It worked fine i didnt get any water in anywhere. It was alot easier than dumping the coolant. Cheaper too if you dont happen to keep the coolant to put it back in.
Barney
Scorpion King

leak

Post by Barney »

after you take it apart, take all the parts to a seal and oring company they will mach them up.

whilst you have it apart you will see 3 metal gause filters in the housings, make sure you clean them.
1 in the main housing where the fuel goes in. and 2 where the injectors push into the injector housing.

also use a lubricant on the new orings when you put it back together.

ASHLY
Powerslave
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Powerslave »

Thanx guys , it's the first thing I have to fix , all that fuel squirtin under the bonnet frightens the s*it outta me. :cry:

Do i have to de-pressurize the fuel system first ???
Rev
I like starions

Post by Rev »

Thanx guys , it's the first thing I have to fix , all that fuel squirtin under the bonnet frightens the s*it outta me.
Yeah, it doesn't sound too healthy having fuel leaking onto wiring!!
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Powerslave wrote:Do i have to de-pressurize the fuel system first ???
Technically, yes, but just undo the fuel inlet screws and put a rag around it when you pull it out. You'll let a little fuel go, not much.
To de-pressureise, pull the fuel pump fuse, start car (or try to) there you go.