Ja Injector replacement update

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Johnyturbo wrote:... hopefully his not to far away im keen as you are to find out how this one paned out :D
Count me in!!! Will probably need to mod my ones as it had the symptomes of leaking injektors...
vr4gone
I like starions more

Post by vr4gone »

ok, boys the car is still running great. It idles perfect, light, mid and WOT are fine. The only thing I have noticed is fuel rich (black) exhaust fumes at full throttle above 7psi boost. No evidence of leaks.
sucka
I like starions more

Post by sucka »

post removed
Last edited by sucka on Sun May 09, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sucka
I like starions more

Post by sucka »

So I did this mod. Cheers VR4 gone your thread was the ultimate guide and helped no end :beer
All worked out well with the injector mod. Pretty straight forward other than a couple of issues with these fuel strainers in the top hat of the ECI throttle body causing the injectors to not seat properly, ended up removing them.

Unfortunately now the bastard runs way too rich at idle all the way through to around 3000rpm before it clears up slightly. Ive checked the ecu engine block temp sensor and it seems to be functioning. idle mixture screw is all the way anticlockwise with limited effect.

I have noticed that if I disconnect the airflow meter the rich fuel problem clears right up and other than the throttle response being shit it runs really well. So does this mean my airflow meter is faulty? Maybe the airtemp sensor inside it?

I am a little confused because this problem was not there before I changed the injectors.