Stace's JA

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

thrash wrote: don't flame the v8 just because australia and america can't be arsed updating their 1960s design..
Thats actually a good point thrash. Imagine a silky smooth OHC lexus v8 in a staz. Im with you on that one !
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

for crying out load it even has a stinkin carby.

stace
Dorifto!

Post by stace »

So did you talk to the guy about the car eg,
is it fast? does it handle? what happened to the V6? why doesn't he have the front spoiler? I had a new one on it but he said he hit a roo so probably hasn't got around to haven a new one for it yet.

All the usual questions.
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Me and a mate where cruising down one of the main roads in Rocky when we spotted it on the opposite side of the road with bonnet up so we did a U-Turn and pulled up to see what the problem was. Was a loose fuel line.

He didnt come across as the talkative type and didnt sound like he had owned the car long (bought as is i think he said). I only recognised it as your old car due to the vents put in behind the door.

He bought it with the V8 and commodore diff in it. I had heard a while back that there was a V6 Starion in the Central QLD area that was getting V8 treatment, i think they even posted on here asking for LSD.

I told the guy that he had an old factory backed race car and it didnt phase him.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

Vulpes wrote:
thrash wrote: don't flame the v8 just because australia and america can't be arsed updating their 1960s design..
Thats actually a good point thrash. Imagine a silky smooth OHC lexus v8 in a staz. Im with you on that one !
already been done mate :beer

love the sound that thing makes.... watch from about 5:30

this would be my personal dreem car lol.. but manual, 1uz bottom with the better flowing 3uz heads.. and perhaps with a twin turbo setup or blower.. measuring it up, the engine will fit side to side, but front to back it won't.. either move the firewall back a couple inches, or mount the radiator in front of the support rather than behind.. turbos would be extremely tight fit.. would have to take the engine out of the car every time somethign went wrong lol

and it's not that heavy an engine either.. under 200kg :D
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
stace
Dorifto!

Post by stace »

So it doesn't sound like Sean Neumbach still owns it then. Thats who I sold it to, he was supposed to ring me if it ever came time to sell again.
crshbndct
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by crshbndct »

hate to burst your bubble boys but valvetrain design does not determine handling. as soon as everyone saw a 383 in the car, every one start going on about handling. but when some shows a vid of a lexus 1uz-fe v8, its all "wow what a great engine".

engine 1: 400hp, 28mpg, 400lbs,
engine 2: 280hp, 20mpg, 500lbs.

can you guess which is the push rod v8 and which is the "new tech" quad cam v8?

also, for a lot of applications, pushrods suit large capacity engines far better. thats why the ls1 (which, incidentally is a newer design than rb2x, 4age, b16a, 4g63, f20c, etc)is such a popular motor.

also dont knock that "70s" techonology in the rover v8(leyland to you) if you read wiki about it, the block was used for formula one/irl/lemans(forget which) engines years ago.

i could carry on for pages and pages. essentially, just because it has push rods doesnt make it rubbish. as can be evidenced by corvette zr1 (faster than new gtr round nurburgring) and z06 (read about it)
3 Most Important Sayings of Motor Car Racing:
1)"To Finish First, First You Must Finish" - Jackie Stewart
2)"For Speed, Add Lightness" - Colin Chapman
3)"Hondas Are Gay" - Valentino Rossi
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

crshbndct wrote:i could carry on for pages and pages. essentially, just because it has push rods doesnt make it rubbish. as can be evidenced by corvette zr1 (faster than new gtr round nurburgring) and z06 (read about it)
I had a look at the zr1, that thing blurs the line of what is a production car is though, alluminium mono chasis and carbon panels its practically a kit car that happens to be built by a large manufacturer.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five