NEW Adjustable FRONT Strut tops (Camber Plates)

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

NEW Adjustable FRONT Strut tops (Camber Plates)

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

G'day ALL

Well finally I have developed in conjunction with a race shop a set of Starion Front Camber Adjusters or Adjustable Strut Tops as you may know it better.

These are the best ones out there for the best price. The Offer more adjustability that the Australian Noltec's and the Jap's Cusco's for less money. They are also made from Stainless Steel slider plate vs Aluminum like the competition. And best of all you can use these WITH your original springs OR with Coil Overs.

Bellow are some pics and descriptions.
REMEMBER I also offer the REAR adjustable strut tops as well, e-mail me for details or see the post at the link bellow:

I wanted to mention and make all of you aware that:

YES, you can use these with OEM style springs either OEM or Lowering OEM style AND with ANY Coil Over system you may have.

YES, you will be able to use these with either the OEM shocks or with the upgraded and Adjustable MR2 Inserts. PLEASE Specify which ones you will be using at time of ordering.

YES, If you use these with OEM style springs the car WILL be raised 12mm/ 1/2" from were you have it now. This is ALSO TRUE for the Cusco's, the Noltec's and the K-Mac's alike. Basically is the thicknes of the bottom of the bearing housing (1/2" or 12mm)

YES, you can use your Strut tower braces with these camber plates, ALL except for the Stedebanni's

Here's the TOP View:
1- Notice the LONGER adjustment window. Longer than Cusco, Noltec, K-Macs and Mookeeh. NOTE that in order to take FULL advantage of the FULL range of adjustment you will need to be using Coil Overs AND may need to trim some of the upper strut tower to allow for full motion. Its estimated that these will allow you to lower your car 2" or even 3" (If you can) and still adjust to give you a PERFECTLY 0Deg's of Camber and a perfectly aligned suspenssion. Same goes for Negative Camber. Its estimated at +4 Deg. at OEM heigth and +3 Deg at 1" lower than OEM

2- Notice the guide marks on the face are MUCH MORE smaller and more of them for more prescise adjustment, also see the mating mark on the bearing housing. This is ALSO more and better than all brands mentioned above.

3- Each plate is marked "L" or "R" for error free install. (Yes I know its not needed , a useless feature and pretty much self explanatory but believe it or not I have seen camber plates installed upside down)

4- The main plate is 1/4" STAINLESS STEEL not Aluminum for better strength and worry free "RACING" Silver Cad Plated for long life and cool looks.

Here's the Bottom View:
1- Notice the Circlip keeping the bearing secured inside the bearing housing, this feature is shared BY ALL other Camber Plates manufactures EXCEPT for the Mookeeh's. Without a retainer clip here its likelly for the bearing to pull through from the weight of the suspenssion when the car is jacked up. Unless the gearing is installed from the TOP, but this will have the reverse effect as when you hit a bump you may get real nice nipples on your hood from the strut rod pushing through.

2- Notice the added holes for adjustment on the bearing plate, this is comon on the Cusco's bu not on the Mookeeh's or the Noltec's

3- The bearing housing is CNC machined from a solid block of alluminum and Gold Cad Plated.

4- Note the Off-centered bearing within the housing and the rounded edges on the bearing housing and diagonals on the leading edge, this is done to maximize adjustability and reach in an allready cramped area.

Here's the Bottom Perspective:
1- Notice that the bearing housing retaining bolts DO NOT pertrude downward like the Mookeeh's. This is shared with the Cusco's.

PRICE is USD$250.00/AUD$340.00 Shipped to your door with Economy Air (6-12 days) post AND Insurance
PRICE is USD$265.00/AUD$360.00 Shipped to your door with EXPRESS (3-5 days) post AND Insurance

I know you guys may have other choices there like the Noltec's but just wanted to provide another choice in case anyone of you wanted to take advantage of it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pay-pal info:

PLEASE send in US funds to avoid added converssion fees

For CREDIT/ATM CARDS please send to this account AND PLEASE add USD$7.00/AUD$10.00 to your order to cover CC process fees::
( oscardortega@yahoo.com )

For CASH, Account balance Transfers and E-Checks please send to this account.
PLEASE NO CC's or ATM cards to this account.
( oscar-the-grouch@sbcglobal.net )

PLEASE Iclude the following with EVERY Payment you send in to better
keep track of things:

- Club and Screen Name
- Real Name
- Whats the payment for
- Shipping address

Thanks again for considering me for your needs
e-Mail me if you have any questions.
oscar-the-grouch@sbcglobal.net
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Are the bolts captive? ie. do you have to hold the bolt from below when tightening the nut above?
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

MrBishi wrote:Are the bolts captive? ie. do you have to hold the bolt from below when tightening the nut above?
Of corse NOT !
They are threaded in from the bottom and held in place.

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Hey oscar they look really really good mate, I will take a set, working on 2 sets, maybe 3 but its up to my brother, he is looking for a new race car.
mate also rears 1 set definatly mabe 2-3, will let U know, now for KONI's........ guess U can't get these cheap as well?
Cheers Mate :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Starion VR4 wrote:Hey oscar they look really really good mate, I will take a set, working on 2 sets, maybe 3 but its up to my brother, he is looking for a new race car.
mate also rears 1 set definatly mabe 2-3, will let U know, now for KONI's........ guess U can't get these cheap as well?
Cheers Mate :beer
Mate, thanks for the compliments :beer

If you are looking at 2 or 3 of each let me know and price will be a bit less for BOTH product AND posting.

As for the Koni's we use the 2nd Generation MR2 Rear inserts on front and back and those the CHEAPEST I have been able to get them for its been USD$205.00 each ! Alot of us here us eht emore affordable AGX/KYB Adjustables for the same application with GREAT results and they are less at USD$130.00 each.

If I can get a more exact price for you just let me know.

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

nice work oscar, they look great, will pm you for a set
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Hello All

I appologize for the delay in ship time of the front camber plates but I just received the last of the hardware I needed to complete the system. Bellow is the item I was waiting on, PAIN to find in the correct size and load bearing configurations.

This bearing is installed between the camber plate and the spring seat. this is used to aliviate the load and stress on the main bearing that over time can fail and will require replacement (Like the OEM Strut tops) So these little bearings will extend the life of the bearing used in the camber plates.

So YES now I have all needed for trouble free installations.
Again sorry for the delay but rather have inpatient and upset members than pissed off at incomplete parts and possible having to take the assembly appart to install these.

NOTE:
The camber plates WILL be shipped with all the bearings, washers and spacers Zip-Tied the way and in the order they HAVE TO BE INSTALLED. So when you remove the Zip-Tie MAKE 100% sure you remember how they were "layered" But asside from that its a simple SWAPING of strut tops. Remove old OEM Strut Top Assemblies and replace them with these. THATS IT !

Thanks
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Still have some available for immediate shipping.
YES these will fit flatties as well as trhe widies.

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Just a quick BUMP to the top of the list before I go on VACATION to MIAMI ! Also last chance to order and ship till the next year :D :beer :beer :D :beer

Can I get anyone anything ? From Miami that is ?
:beer

Cheers and happy Holidays !
Mine will DEFINATELLY will be HAPPY ! :D

Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Just bringing it to the top before it gets buried again.

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Bringing it to the top peeps
OO
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Hello ALL

I have a set of FRONT and a set of REAR camber plates / Adjustable Strut tops available for sale.

They are ALREADY in Oz so they will be received in no time.
If interested please e-mail or PM me.

Thanks
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
muttis3lv6
I've been here before

Post by muttis3lv6 »

hi do you still have these for sale and what is the price?
JA Street track monster
MPI with Wold3d
Frankinstine turbo
water injection and bloody big inter-cooler
6 point roll cage with 4 point harness
OMG fiberglass
Megga weight reduction weight TBC
5 stud conversion with HUGE rotors
Cute little 12 inch sub with 700 Watt amp
wa_greg
Dorifto!

Post by wa_greg »