(SA) For Sale JA Starion

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Benny_Mac
[L] Plates

(SA) For Sale JA Starion

Post by Benny_Mac »

Hey people
I have for sale my ja starion.
I purchased it for track and hill climb use but never got that far.
I registered it and drove it around for a day or two (only quick trips to the shops) but then blew a head gasket due to thermo fans not working, it would be ok whilst your driving but as soon as you stop the temp starts to climb. I have since pulled the head off but because i left it too long (long enough for the 3 months rego to expire) and the water has rusted up the bores and there fore no longer any use to me.

The car drove great, mechanically it sounded good, no noises, gearbox was smooth. Apparently it had a fairly new clutch in too. The engine did not blow any smoke that i'm aware of. All tyres have good tread too.
The interior is complete but showing some age, and is fitted with a racing seat and steering wheel.
Exterior has seen better days, although being fairly straight and showing minamal if any rust, the paint looks like its been hand brushed and is flaking of in places. Its missing a panel on the front in between the headlights and bumber and also some window trim(front and both side doors). And is also missing rear left hand quarter window.
However it is fitted with side skirks and mud flapes to suit and rear spoiler in good condition. Headlights go up and down but in-cabin switch doesn't work(by-passed it to check). Tailights in good condition aswell. Also has bonnet with scoop on it aswell.
Power windows work but they don't have any trim around the so are a bit jumpy.
Comes with some spares in car.
Would be great for parts and panels as drive line and turbo still good, just in need of a new block
Any more pics or questions don't hestate to ask, I am located in morphett vale SA and would welcome any inspection. Pick up only.
First offer over $1100 takes it, too many cars in the yard and need to make room for 1 more. You will be resonsible for transport.
vr4ced
Dorifto!

Post by vr4ced »

Does it have an LSD?
Benny_Mac
[L] Plates

Post by Benny_Mac »

No, i don't think it does as they were only optional on JA's

Also, any offer around $1100 takes it, not necessarily over $1100.
Benny_Mac
[L] Plates

Post by Benny_Mac »

$900 ono without turbo.
I need this car gone to make some room.
Benny mac
Benny_Mac
[L] Plates

Post by Benny_Mac »

$800 ono.
Benny_Mac
[L] Plates

Post by Benny_Mac »

any offers
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I think its a little too much for a non running car in this condition, I will ask my mate if he is interested though and see how much he wants to pay
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Can I steal some parts at all?
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
Benny_Mac
[L] Plates

Post by Benny_Mac »

Sorry, not stripping it as its 98% complete and don't want more bits missing.
$800 firm with turbo or for $1500 firm i can spray the outside in any solid colour you want.
All this needs to be completely drivable is a new block or to have this block overhauled.
Benny_Mac
[L] Plates

Post by Benny_Mac »

If any one is interested, make me an offer. I can only say no.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

Good luck with the sale mate. selling a starion in SA is hopeless. Mine ended up on a truck to sydney.
1983 JA Staz
Benny_Mac
[L] Plates

Post by Benny_Mac »

I'm going to be putting this in the trader for $600 dollars at the end o this week. I need it out of my yard. Grab yourself a bargain, You couldn't get a complete spare driveline, turbo, head and random body and interior panels and peices for that.
If it doesn't sell by the end of the run in the trader i will be putting it in a mates shed and stripping it, which i'm sure i will get more than $600 for.
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

Hi. What condition are the front right and left guards with respect to paint and rust? Same with the doors - they look reasonable in the photos (my JD's doors are rusty and my front/left panel is dented). The skirts look good too.

I don't really have the time or space to deal with a whole car, although I could possibly be convinced to...
Benny_Mac
[L] Plates

Post by Benny_Mac »

Hey buddy,
I'm 98% sure they are all rust free but i'll have a look tomorrow for ya to see if they are straight (a little dark at the moment). The paint on them is average, looks like the previous owner hand brushed it on.
And the skirts are good to, they go with a mudflap set and give it a little bit of a rally look
Cheers
Benny Mac
Benny_Mac
[L] Plates

Post by Benny_Mac »

SOLD!!!!