Schultz JB Starion

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Schultz
I like starions

Another Update

Post by Schultz »

Well, I have got the engine in and fired it up a few times, fitted the radiator and filled it with water. That was my first stuff-up. :oops:

I forgot to change the water pump and water seal in the pipe. Old age on my part.
Fixed that and then took me 3 goes to get the timing belt marks to line up.
I have to swap the battery with my other car one, which will only take a couple of minutes but I am too scared to go to the shed. I know that there is something not right with the way the engine is running.
I will let you know...............
Schultz
I like starions

Another Update

Post by Schultz »

Engine starts once and then although turning over it does not want to start once warmed up. :?
I will wait till it cools down and then try again.
It also has a backfire under acceleration.
It could be in the map in my Motec computer. I have to set up a computer in the shed with Win98 on it to see if I can then talk to the car. Win7 and WinXP don't work as I have tried that before.
The joys of owning a Starion.
Lucky for me "Life is wonderful".

If anyone has any suggestions I will try anything right now.
Schultz
I like starions

Time for another update on my progress

Post by Schultz »

Well, I finally got the engine working alright. Have uploaded a small clip of my exhaust note.

Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

What was your issue?
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

G'day Alspos,

To be honest the reason it was not doing too well was "superior German bloody stupidity" on my part.

I had to move the dizzy 2 teeth and push the spark plug leads on properly. :oops:
I lined up the pulley and the cam gear but when it came to lining up the dizzy I fell asleep. Just doing too many things all at the same time and forgetting to finish a few things.

I probably be driving along and the gearbox falls out. Wouldn't surprise me!
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

I took it for a test drive today. :D :D :D :D

I missed it soooo much.

Still need to bolt things together some more and found the exhaust leaking where the adapter plate bolts onto the manifold but already have the lot pulled out again and just waiting to get some new studs whenever I can manage to go to the big city again.
Also will have to bolt the seat in and need a windscreen and windows in the doors and lots of other little things but its alright because I had a test drive and now feel all happy again.
Funny thing was that I thought I better take it real easy going for a drive but as soon as I was out on the road that idea went out the window. Straight up to 30 pounds of boost and it comes on really savage and I loved it :D and I don't think I have blown the head gasket yet.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

lol wow, you mean it spiked to 30psi? If so i'm suprised the damn stock motor didn't blow!! i can't wait for mine to be pushing over 14psi and no fuel cut.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

I had a rest for 6 weeks due to health reasons but finally managed to get back in the shed.

I have new studs in the exhaust and ended up cutting some gaskets out for the adapter on both sides. I tried to get them machined (4 surfaces) but they reckon it might end up costing about $950.00 so I am trying some gasket material ($3.00) from the exhaust shop.

Tomorrow I am ordering my new windscreen and maybe by the end of the week I will be able to drive around again.
If it all works I will take a few more pictures of the finished result and post them on here.
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

I got my new windscreen in and just waiting for some light bulbs for the front indicators and have to bend the passenger door a bit so the window will shut.

enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

It's coming along Schultz.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

you could eventually grow onto those tail lights i reckon! good stuff mate.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Re: Time for another update on my progress

Post by Komeuppance »

Schultz wrote:I had a rest for 6 weeks due to health reasons but finally managed to get back in the shed.

I have new studs in the exhaust and ended up cutting some gaskets out for the adapter on both sides. I tried to get them machined (4 surfaces) but they reckon it might end up costing about $950.00 so I am trying some gasket material ($3.00) from the exhaust shop.

Tomorrow I am ordering my new windscreen and maybe by the end of the week I will be able to drive around again.
If it all works I will take a few more pictures of the finished result and post them on here.
Engine bay is looking pretty good!! How fun was the test drive with no windscreen??

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
Schultz
I like starions

Post by Schultz »

Thank you enthused

Thank you GormzZ, the lights are different but I wanted something different.

Thank you Komeuppance
At first I wanted to paint the engine bay black with the motor out it would be easy but I wanted to keep it the way it was because it gives the car a certain character.

I was crazy to go for a drive without the screen in it. I just couldn't help myself ~ I missed the car that much.
The wind was blowing in my eyes and I could hardly see, but I just had to do it.
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

I was imagining some sort of protection lol, like a helmet... or even a pair of sweet shades so you'd look the biz rolling down the road.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

Any more progress on this as such schultz? Was curious to see if you had photos of repairing your sils to..
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...