ProZac's 1982 Starion - Now with added 86!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

basically all EFI Mitsubishis from the 80s and 90s run the same fuel filter. It's quite convenient.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Had a win today. Got the tank out, fuel level sender fixed (i really hope) and back in. With a sizeable break in the middle to chat to a mate about mini's. Took care of a whole bunch of other jobs at the same time.

Seems to be spending a bit of time like this at the moment...

Got the tail light housings all painted up, looking good.

And sealed back together. Gave the lenses a polish while they were off. Didn't go overboard because I've got some later model tails on the way anyway, but they look pretty good.

Some careless sod has backed into something at some stage, grrr. Its double skinned here aswell, do not going to be an easy fix. Will leave this for another time.

All looks pretty good under here. Obviously quite dirty, but not rusty or bent, so thats a plus :)

What the inside of your fuel level sender looks like. What had happened is that they've never had the tank full, and the car was sitting for quite a bit, so the swiper and wire got a little corroded. I cleaned it all up, bent the swiper for a little more pressure, and it now seems to work. Has an interesting shape to the swiper contact to account for the shape of the fuel tank, hah. Priced up a new one from mitsy, ex japan, $160 odd. Not actually to expensive I didn't think.

The inside of the tank looked pretty damn good, no corrosion evident, nice and clean. These cars can't be quite as bad on gas as i remember, I though the tank would be about empty, from the amount of driving I've been doing, but it was still half full! (thus, it was also pretty heavy).

While i was having a poke around under the back end (oooh errr), I noticed something had fallen down the inner rear guard, under the rear washer bottle. Popped the washer bottle out to retrieve it, and its the funnel for refilling it! Hah, score.

Twas a good day today :)
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

So ummm... when your new tail lights turn up, do you want to swap your old nicely polished old ones for my nice ones? :D
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Hah, sure, aslong as yours arent cracked or anything, no worries :)

Was quite a fun job to bring these ones back to life, could do another set. Its just a shame the conquest ones I have are cracked, otherwise they'd tidy up really nicely! Might try getting another set out of the US.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Going to do a little welding on her tomorrow, close up the holes the sill trim used to clip into... Whats the correct way of getting the sill trim clips off? My actual trim crumbled into oblivion upon removal, hah.
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Nice looking Starion! I especially love the wheels! They really suit the narrowbody. If you ever happen to be replacing them I'd happily buy them and have them send over for a car I have! :wink:

I liked reading about your history with Starions :) nice to know a bit about people's stories
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Skids on at Zac's house
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Fuck yeah, bro, swing on down :)
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Keen. I'll be down next week, I'll rustle up phil and we'll come and have a perv.
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Sounds lovely. No scrumpy this time though, mmmmkay? :wink:
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Went and bought all the o-rings and seals for my throttlebody today. Going to pull it off now and re-seal it up hopefully, it looks pretty leaky!. Hopefully that'll cure an annoying miss I keep hitting.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

What sealant did you use to nail the tail lights back together? I need to do mine, they're falling to bits :(
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

+1 for the what sealant did you use for the tail lights question. I know JDSTAZ45 (Mal) has done these too, not sure what he used either
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

The JB on (later taillights) are sealed with the glue from a hot glue gun etc.
I haven't repaired/glued/sealed any early taillights but I would imagine any clear silicon would do the trick.
I think Shelleys have a product combining a sealant and adhesive.
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Heres a picture i prepared earlier...

Selleys Pro Series Polyurethane Adhesive + Sealant. Ive used this stuff for quite a bit around the house, and its fricken awesome.