sonata manifold wanted

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
13bsigma
Dorifto!

sonata manifold wanted

Post by 13bsigma »

Hi, I'm after a sonata manifold to convert my SOHC to multi point. I'm going to run a Microtech DIGI fuel only ECU in my car as the engine is going into a bright green Mitsubishi scorpion. i have a factory starion ECU, but no wiring loom, so to save me somehow fitting the air flow meter and somehow figuring out the wiring, i'm going after market. the car will not be running too extreme, ie standard boost, so i can get away with a cheap ECU.

Now with the ignition side of things, can i just run the distributor to a coil and the ignition will work? or will i need anything else or extra?

Thanks for the help and suggestions :)
BLOFLY
I like starions

Post by BLOFLY »

I will have one to sell in a few weeks, fully modded, 3inch inlet (VN throttlebody) with vr4 injectors, fuel rail, everything ready to go. offers? Also look in technical. There is a mod there to use bosch ignition parts with the standard dizzy and coil, works well too.
SOHC, Multipoint, Steampipe Exhaust Manifold, Intercooled.
13bsigma
Dorifto!

Post by 13bsigma »

Sweet. i'm fitting an autronic and new clutch to my turbo suzuki baleno at the moment, so i could free up money now, but it would be harder for me, so a few weeks would be much better. :D plus, i still have to put the head on and install the engine top the car. so a few weeks would be perfect actually.

How much are you after for it? i just sold one of my magna manifolds to suit RWD the other day for $200 with 8 injectors, 2 regulators, 2 TPS switches, the lot. are these ones worth more?

Are you after a magna manifold to suit RWD or some jestalt mags? 17 by 7 i have two sets one i think will suit a starion. maby we could do a swap if your interested? I'm located just north of Sydney.

Thanks for the help with ignition. :wink:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

post some picks of those wheels...

and offset details.. :D
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
13bsigma
Dorifto!

Post by 13bsigma »

I dont have a digital camera, but where are you located in sydney? you can come look at them if you want.
Station
I like starions more

Post by Station »

Sonata?! We have loads of these in the local scrappy!! I even got my injector connectors from one two days ago! Any one got a guide for doing this?!
1987 Mitsubishi Starion 2.0 Turbo RHD with 88 - 90 engine (?), manual gearbox (MAP Sensor'd).
LSD, Intercooler, ABS, leather interior, air con
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

not a job for a beginner, but austarion member ukstarionT3 has done it, maybe pm him for uk local advice???
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Station
I like starions more

Post by Station »

No worries, I am not a beginner! I can even weld (not aluminium though). I know good fabricators though.
1987 Mitsubishi Starion 2.0 Turbo RHD with 88 - 90 engine (?), manual gearbox (MAP Sensor'd).
LSD, Intercooler, ABS, leather interior, air con
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

Station wrote:Sonata?! We have loads of these in the local scrappy!! I even got my injector connectors from one two days ago! Any one got a guide for doing this?!
yeah but this is for the 2 litre sohc.. don't you have the 2.6 in the uk?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

most UK starions are 2.0, they only got the 2.6 shitter (sorry phil) in the last ones sold there..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au