BOV HELP

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Drift
[L] Plates

BOV HELP

Post by Drift »

Hey guys
i have a turbosmart stage 3 bov installed but my mechanic replumbed it to make it plumback. Now no more sound!!! Anybody have a pic of where it should be connected?

Also i am after a really loud flutter from my car, i can sortov hear it at the moment but its not really loud... I am running close to 15psi...
Is there any easy way to achieve this.. i have a JA with a supra intercooler and 2 1/2 inch piping?

I would rather flutter sound than bov but either will do.. :D

Thanks for any help!
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Ok mate. There are 2 ways for a flutter sound. First is to remove the BOV and run high boost. Air pushed back toward the turbo will be disturbed as it flows back and make a fluttering noise. Second is a Super Sequential Valve which makes more of a flutter noise than a BOV PSSSSST noise.

Type 3 valve WILL NOT flutter. Please show a picture of "how he has replumbed it to plumback".
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

This is how mine is setup, its a GFB Stealth FX variable plumb back.

The adapter is welded onto the standard crossiver pipe.

Its plumbed back to before the turbo, into the accordian hose using a brass elbow joint with a nut holding it in from inside and heatproof black silastic to keep it sealed.

Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
Powerslave
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Powerslave »

fr335tyl3r wrote:Ok mate. There are 2 ways for a flutter sound. First is to remove the BOV and run high boost. Air pushed back toward the turbo will be disturbed as it flows back and make a fluttering noise. Second is a Super Sequential Valve which makes more of a flutter noise than a BOV PSSSSST noise.

Type 3 valve WILL NOT flutter. Please show a picture of "how he has replumbed it to plumback".
CRAP !!! , My staz did not flutter at all (type 3 BOV) once installed , but after fitting the intercooler , it flutters something chronic (sounds awsome).