Upgrades to Widebody

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Upgrades to Widebody

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Ok. I have run my car at Willowbank and am running 14.7 seconds down the quarter. I am going to upgrade my car. Firstly, I will list what I want done. I would like you guys to help me out a little. Firstly by telling me what you think I will be pulling. Suggestions on better upgrades and even better prices around. Thanks.

UPGRADES:

1) TD05 19C turbo $1500
2) Microtech EMS MT8 $600 + fitting and tuning
3) Heavy Duty Clutch
4) Pod air filter $100
5) Exhaust (New dump pipe and mandrel bends) Already have good Muffler.
6) Multipoint Injection system
7) Hardened internals
8) King springs $350 then fitting
9) Bigger Intercooler (maybe)
10) Cam
11) Methanol spray $40
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Stay with the true and tried TD06H-20G, will cost about $1500 tops aswell. Though I have seen Garrett BB T04e 60-1 s' for about $1700 aswell.......but then you need an external wastegate etc

Get one of those cheap Hybrid copy intercoolers, $450 I think tops, 600x300x75 or try and get a 400mm one instead depending on space, bar and plate ofcourse.

MPI with MT8 definately.

Yuo missed out, Equal length exhaust manifold. Stock manifolds start chokin at 150kw atw.

Exhaust and clutch yes.

Cam and head porting should be the last thing you would do, I think.
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I'd be steering more towards a sigma turbo exhaust manifold, TO4 flanged turbo, external gate.
You will probably want to put a magna head on (assuming that yours has jet valves), larger injectors, new intercooler piping.
I assume the microtech is ignition control?

What do you mean by 'hardened internals'?
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

WidebodyWoody,
I would strongly suggest you get some dyno numbers before you modify anything so you have a starting point.

The standard turbo is absolutely way too small. I would say exhaust, turbo and computer (that will let you remove the restrictive airflow meter) all together.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

upgrades

Post by WidebodyWoody »

First of all, My engine is the 2.6Ltr engine. As far as I know it is basically the Magna head. Also, The first thing I am doing is the turbo so would the sigma turbo manifold bolt straight on? If so, Gimme gimme. Because I do want to go towards the T04 more then the TD05 19C or TD06 20G.

I mean by hardened internals Getting my engine worked with forged pistons, conrods ect to make it stronger. Not really stroking it though. Just a bore Polish and port. I will get the exhaust and EMS system but I'm not sure if I will be popping clutches with the extra power coming out of it.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

manifold

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Anyone know where I can get a sigma exhaust manifold from? or If anyone has one?
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I have one and yes it will bolt onto the head. Whether it clears other things in the engine bay is another matter. Expect to pay $400ish when/if you find one. Keep your eyes on ebay.

The US 2.6 ran the jet valve head and I suspect the japs also ran it. These are a big problem especially when boosting HP hence why I said that you may need to upgrade to the magna head.

You may want to upgrade to forged pistons, but the stock rods and crank are fine, just allow $$ for a good balance after deleting the balance shafts.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

head

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I found a manifold for $450 USD that I can get anytime but It might be too much. Also, I am going to get the foged pistons and the rest because I can get it done cheap through my mechanic on the coast. he works on my car all the time for next to nothing. So I am basically paying for hardware and no labour.

I will keep a look out and do you get a heap of power from eliminating the balance shafts? I always hear about them but never thought about it.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Re: upgrades

Post by mrb1 »

WidebodyWoody wrote:First of all, My engine is the 2.6Ltr engine.
That's what's in my widebody as well. Except mine has a Magna head and cam. Ralliart TD06/19C and exhaust manifold going on soon stay tuned :D
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

*widebody group hug* :D
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

you're all bastards....

....and I mean that in the nicest sense :D:D:D
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

you're all bastards....

....and I mean that
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

NXTIME wrote:you're all bastards....

....and I mean that in the nicest sense :D:D:D
seconded
_

Post by Camotec »

you're all bastards!! :D
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

LOL

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Then get off your asses and do something about it. I owned a JA for a year before I invested in a widebody. It is the best thing I have ever done in my life. I will post a heap of pics on the site after the brisbane autosalon. They should be some good pics and hopefully some magazine offers. I will be in QLD street car mag soon.