Indicator Wiper electrical plug

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Neil
Big Dorifto

Indicator Wiper electrical plug

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys,

Decided to swap over the broken indicator wiper in my JD with the one I recently acquired (thanks Moz).

They obviously changed the plug that attaches to loom by the time JDs came along so now I have to work out how to get the black one to match up to the socket for the JD one in the loom (blue one).

Does anyone know what type of socket the blue one is so I can re-do the black one to fit?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Neil
1987 JD Starion
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Do the wire colours match up between the two models? I see the plugs have the same number of pins. If so, I'd de-pin the old blue connector, snip all the pins off with a bit of wire still attached, snip the black plug off the new switch and match them up colour for colour. Solder on the pins from the blue connector, heatshrink, recover the loom, and job done?
Neil
Big Dorifto

Post by Neil »

Yep, the wire colours are the same. I guess that would probably be the thing to do. Looks like I've got some snippy snippy soldering to do.

Thanks.
1987 JD Starion
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

see if you can pull the pins out before you snip them, the stalk was from a jb if that's any help
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

I'm thinking thie other end...
Is it more work to do it all at the other end of the "loom"?
(I really don't know how it looks inside...)

Closeup pics would be very nice (If I ever get ther myself!).

:beer