Redzone's how to DOHC your starion block thread

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

If you don't want squirters that are there to spray the underside of the pistons to reduce temps then I would recommend ceramic coating the tops of the pistons to keep the piston temps down.
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Hi guys- sorry I didn't get to find the pics for this yet- but I suddenly had an idea just now where I might have put them, so I'll let you know ASAP- just gotta get back to the computer I think I saved them on, forgot I changed computers recently.
redzone wrote:Did u find the pics Hugh? Send them through if possible :)
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

YEP! :D :D I found the ENTIRE first page, WITH pictures, fully saved on my computer! I can be a bit anal with websites - when I find a good article I always save a copy, cos I never trust the internet to still actually have it there when I really want it!

Redzone - I must grab your email address so I can send it through. It's saved as an .MHT file (which is a complete website), but it would mean that you can open it, and right click all the images and save them again, and then re-insert them into the same place on your original post.

If that sounds a bit complex, maybe I can give it a go, and just re-post your original post, but with pictures (might take a bit longer for me to get a chance to do this though).

Let me know what you would like, and in the meantime, if anyone desperately needs it, PM me WITH your email address and I'll send it through.

1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

UPDATE: Have now emailled Redzone the files, so I believe the pics will be back at some stage shortly :D

GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

still awaiting the photos! haha.. im sure alot of people would like to see them explained with the words no doubt :P.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
rodney007
I love starions

Post by rodney007 »

I have a friend that builds this engine... I got my engine from him. Its quite straight forward....

PM me for his details,
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

photos guys? Would love to look over them again. :beer
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

got them in my email inbox, been too busy to reupload but i'll try and get it done in the next 2 weeks..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Thats cool dave. If you want, you could forward them to me, I upload them to photobucket, and then I send you the links to all of the images and you just relink in when you get time.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

WidebodyWoody wrote:Thats cool dave. If you want, you could forward them to me, I upload them to photobucket, and then I send you the links to all of the images and you just relink in when you get time.
Mate that'd be awesome, I just don't have oodles of time but that will save heaps :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

cool well you have my email, if not, just click the email button on this post :) I will upload them all for you once I get them.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Dave do you still want me to do this for you?
Neil
Big Dorifto

Post by Neil »

Well, worthless is a bit harsh but its the best smilie I could find...

Would really really love to see the pics on the conversion. I'm about to take the plunge and this thread would be an awesome help.

Am happy to help host the pics if needed too !
neil[dot]bayley[at]anu[dot]edu[dot]au if you need me to host them and re-post them.

Cheers
1987 JD Starion
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

^^^^^
I second that! Plz get this thread updated with pics including the power steering stuff you have on offer, Dave.

And a question for you Dave, if a starion motor is a already built with twin cam pistons but the bottom end is also starion... pulleys, pumps and shafts etc,
would there be a lot of work involved to change over the bottom end to dohc parts? Is it doable with motor in position?

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:^^^^^
I second that! Plz get this thread updated with pics including the power steering stuff you have on offer, Dave.

And a question for you Dave, if a starion motor is a already built with twin cam pistons but the bottom end is also starion... pulleys, pumps and shafts etc,
would there be a lot of work involved to change over the bottom end to dohc parts? Is it doable with motor in position?

:beer
No not really, the timing cover needs to be removed, the oil pickup gets in the way of the sump. Trust me it is easier to remove the engine & do the job correctly. :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.