my car is not DONE and probably never be!

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

just thought i would throw it in ( it likes to blow flames)
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

enthuzed wrote:^ Sexy times? I'm concerned about you ixnay.

Glen, really like your front spoiler, which one was it originally before you glassed it on?

Dude, remember to put on your heat shields to protect the bonnet and brake/clutch/steering assemblies.

And my guess is 245kw at the treads...hope your dyno work produces the goods.

im putting my shields on tomoro Frank because last night i am pretty sure i cooked the brake master cyl because the last run i did my brakes where starting to lock on!!! LOL i should of listened to you!

they where locked on, that when i did the burnout on the last run i didnt use them! :wtf: :wtf: LOL

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

LOL Love the flames.

Video man, video!

And whack on your heat shields. Did ya hear me, I said whack on your heat shields!!!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

enthuzed wrote:LOL Love the flames.

Video man, video!

And whack on your heat shields. Did ya hear me, I said whack on your heat shields!!!
the shields are going on asap!!!

and video happy!!! LOL

fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Extreme-closeup-video of the flames pleeeease!!! :twisted:
And maby a realy good burout....?
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

what rpm does you car idle at bender?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

thrash wrote:what rpm does you car idle at bender?
dont really know my tacho doesnt work! LOL
i think is at 1250rpm its idles to high anyway!

MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

fugazi wrote:Extreme-closeup-video of the flames pleeeease!!! :twisted:
And maby a realy good burout....?

funny you say that because when i did a bigger burnout no one got it on video! (people are useless) :D

thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

hey bender, how far from your clutch master does your exhaust/dump pipe sit? Can you post up any pics of that area?

Mine is almost touching, and I can feel the clutch not wanting to let go after some driving.. Brakes seem fine so far, but I haven't pushed it, and won't until i get the heat shield sorted.. really need to get a heat shield in there :(
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

thrash wrote:hey bender, how far from your clutch master does your exhaust/dump pipe sit? Can you post up any pics of that area?

Mine is almost touching, and I can feel the clutch not wanting to let go after some driving.. Brakes seem fine so far, but I haven't pushed it, and won't until i get the heat shield sorted.. really need to get a heat shield in there :(

Mine is about 50mm away. Once you start to pushing it you will cook both the brakes and clutch. take Franks advice try and get a sheld on or cover your dump pipe with that heat rap stuff.

does your turbo sit back more than mine?
(is your power steering still mounted in front the turbo?)

iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

why didn't any of you guys just build your manifolds around the stock heat shield?
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

iXNAY wrote:why didn't any of you guys just build your manifolds around the stock heat shield?
i did i just didnt put it on!

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i always try and angle the turbo in such a way as to keep everything away, thrash can u get your dump pipe modded??
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

Bender: yeah my turbo sits further back. The dump is almost touching the clutch master.. I'm pretty sure I can hear the fluids boiling after i shut off the car. I'm going to stop driving it until this is sorted. And yeah power steering is still mounted in front of turbo, with remote reservoir. Turbo inlet pipe 'just' clears the top of the pump.

Ixnay: I didn't build the manifold lol. It came with twin cam, and i just had it put on so the car would run. The manifold would actually probably clear the stock heatsheild if it wasn't for the wastegate pipe coming out the side towards the shield.

Redzone: The car is booked into an exhaust place on Tuesday, as the exhaust is sitting waay too low and is waay too loud for my liking. I will ask them to redo the dump so that there is extra clearance to heat sensitive parts. I'm taking my stock heat sheild with me, but I don't think that will help as the wastegate is still in the way. I think I will pretty much have to get a new exhaust mani made up, or at the very least do some major mods to the current one, like moving the wastegate port. $$$ that I don't have right now :(
quest wrote:
Adriano
I've been here before

Post by Adriano »

There is another option thrash