Kit's getting some retrimming (any ideas)

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
kit
Enthusiast king

Kit's getting some retrimming (any ideas)

Post by kit »

Any ideas guys to help to make it look better.
carpet trimming needs to go!
door pods and door speakers need to go!
fuse holder in boot needs to go!
any more sugestions thinking of chroming door kick plates
sorry about the old photo's
kit
1982 Ja single cam 4g63 342.6bhp @ the wheels full show car imaculate
1985 Jb Fully stock original imaculate
2005 Ford Transit Jumbo & 2008 transit mwb
2008 VW Caddy Maxi 2006 hiiace commuter
2010 Toyota pardon kakadu and 2011 hiiace
2010 and 2013 VW Crafter 50 OH
2012 GLX R triton
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Pesonally, a bit of armorall/black paint on the pedals. That's it.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Wow, I just noticed rear seat head rests :)
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

Where the clips are for the seats i'm going to recover in cloth not carpet
2012 GLX R triton
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Handcuff a few hot babes in there so they cant move and we get access all areas........... :D
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

man i think its done hey. Start on a new car.
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
starion4me
I've been here before

just my opinion....

Post by starion4me »

just my opinion and they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. my father use to compete in hot rod shows back home and some of the best interiors i ever seen have been in hot rods. simple with clean lines is a lot of the times best.

I think the car looks quite smart and i like what you have done externally but there's areas of the interior i don't like - personal taste thing.

by all means delete this post if you feel its not constructive but as stated its only my opinion.

i like the speakers in the doors, it suits it ( i might have coloured them dark though) but i think the ones in the kick panels look over the top. I would remove these if it was mine.

the tweeters in the b pillars i would either redesign or change the colouring. they stand out too much. i would change the b pillars to all black colouring and would blend it in further into the b pillar to look like it was meant to be there instead of a stick on look.

i would change the colouring of the glove box to be the same as the dash so it doesnt stand out. a lot of Jap show cars do what you have done, i don't know why. i think symmetry is best and when glancing over the dash i pefer not to be interupted with the view.

I just think aftermarket interiors especially when two toning go over the top and two tone too much

i would remove the turbo timer or boost controller (what ever that is where the ash tray is supposed to be) as again it interupts the view and stands out. I would put the ash tray back in and hide the turbo timer/boost controller - its a set and forget item if you ask me.

i would change the rocker switch located under the light dimmer switch as again it just stands out - get a black one

i would remove the sliding heater controls and install the touch button ones out of a widebody - looks more modern.

if your going to keep the cluster i would paint the chrome ring black on the boost gauge or change it to a black one in the centre of the cluster - again it stands out which make it look like an after thought OR i would install the original and recalibrate it to what ever boost you are going to be running - that would look good

I think its a nice car and hope to see it in the flesh one day.

At the end of the day mate the only person you have to please is yourself and as ive said earlier its just my opinion and taste.

All the best and well done

Jas
Chrysler Conquest (SOLD)
270.6 Kw (362 HP) @ the wheels
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I sort of agree with starion4me.

I too think it is over the top. Personally, I like the seats and center console, and the install, but besides that, I think it could have been done better. But if thats your style, great. :beer

Personally my favourite staz interior is this one.

Basically because it is simple, yet effective
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

Woody you are obviously not of an italian blood, otherwise you would know that this car is FULLY SICK!
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

where's that back to the future interior that can maps from a playstation memory card... i think you need to use that as inspiration!
_

Post by Chryzla »

what color is it again? :P
1983 JA Staz
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

WidebodyWoody wrote:I sort of agree with starion4me.

I too think it is over the top. Personally, I like the seats and center console, and the install, but besides that, I think it could have been done better. But if thats your style, great. :beer

Personally my favourite staz interior is this one.

Basically because it is simple, yet effective
A once saw the worst glued sub box once at a brisbane autosalon a few years ago in a black widebody it was a sub box where you could see the glue lines from where the vinal from the side of the box meet the top of the box but that was his style at the time and that video of that widebody on youtube that steering wheel puts the G into gay also the carpet was dirty.
2012 GLX R triton
kit
Enthusiast king

Re: just my opinion....

Post by kit »

starion4me wrote:just my opinion and they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. my father use to compete in hot rod shows back home and some of the best interiors i ever seen have been in hot rods. simple with clean lines is a lot of the times best.

I think the car looks quite smart and i like what you have done externally but there's areas of the interior i don't like - personal taste thing.

by all means delete this post if you feel its not constructive but as stated its only my opinion.

i like the speakers in the doors, it suits it ( i might have coloured them dark though) but i think the ones in the kick panels look over the top. I would remove these if it was mine.

the tweeters in the b pillars i would either redesign or change the colouring. they stand out too much. i would change the b pillars to all black colouring and would blend it in further into the b pillar to look like it was meant to be there instead of a stick on look.

i would change the colouring of the glove box to be the same as the dash so it doesnt stand out. a lot of Jap show cars do what you have done, i don't know why. i think symmetry is best and when glancing over the dash i pefer not to be interupted with the view.

I just think aftermarket interiors especially when two toning go over the top and two tone too much

i would remove the turbo timer or boost controller (what ever that is where the ash tray is supposed to be) as again it interupts the view and stands out. I would put the ash tray back in and hide the turbo timer/boost controller - its a set and forget item if you ask me.

i would change the rocker switch located under the light dimmer switch as again it just stands out - get a black one

i would remove the sliding heater controls and install the touch button ones out of a widebody - looks more modern.

if your going to keep the cluster i would paint the chrome ring black on the boost gauge or change it to a black one in the centre of the cluster - again it stands out which make it look like an after thought OR i would install the original and recalibrate it to what ever boost you are going to be running - that would look good

I think its a nice car and hope to see it in the flesh one day.

At the end of the day mate the only person you have to please is yourself and as ive said earlier its just my opinion and taste.

All the best and well done

Jas
I hear what your saying the door speakers have to go i'm replaceing them with a 7 inch focal speaker much better sound coming from france the kick panels are staying though there is not much room in the kick panels with a focal utopia 4 inch speaker with a massive magnet.

The tweeter pods i don't like them 100% they need to be on a little bit different axcess but i wanted them to stand out being $1,600 tweeters.

i went two tone so it would stand out i think it does that and the mustard leather was $950 per hide i have almost 8 hides of leather in there i would of love to go all musted but the charcol grey was 1/2 the price.

I also hate the turbo timer needs to be changed or hiden.

Rocket switch good idea.

The heater and a/c controller excellent idea i look for one can i have a picture please. But those controls and all of the vents came out of a jb wreck i bought this car basicly for those controllers thinking their was nothing else before i new what a widebody was.

Good point about the boost controller thaks for your help see woody Jas has constructive critisisim not crap thanks Jas
2012 GLX R triton
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

does anyone still have the link to that japanese battleship starion? now THAT was an interior!

as for what you can change/add, i can't think of anything.. maybe the passenger might like a flip-up LCD screen to watch DVD's on..