Check Behind Your Mudguards

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Check Behind Your Mudguards

Post by SpidersWeb »

Just a reminder, its been said before. The front quater panels get rust under the mudflaps faster than an asian whore gets aids.

Removing the mudflap involves a couple of 10mm bolts and some phillips screws. Takes 10 minutes.

Before removing the mudflap, the panel below showed maybe a bubble or two of rust. Removing the mudflap revealed a large rusted section, which when moved, caused the paint to flake off and illustrate the horrors underneath. After slapping it with a screwdriver it just completely fell apart. It had rusted from the inside right the way across. The only part of the removed section that was not rusted, was bog from earlier rescue attempts.

My spare panel looked the same, I used cardboard and made a new base out of bog, however I think I'm just going to buy some more panels now as its just getting plain silly.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

:( Where can you get new panels from?
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

The panel fairy, duh!!! :x
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

By new I just mean 2nd hand ones.

That panel will go in the bin. My spare panel had a bit still there, so I removed all the rust and then stuck thin carboard on the back to emulate the panel's curve, then covered with bog.

It came out fine after sanding etc. Only reason I'm not using that one was because its got a dent in the top bit where the Starion has its body lines, and as much as I tried, I just can't get the lines right.

It should be welded out, but I can't afford a welder yet, and bog was all I had on hand.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Post by Eurotrash »

One thing I do is vacuum the out the crap that collects on the inside of that panel to keep it healthy. Need a good long extention bit though
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I think you can get new guards ex- Taiwan or Korea. I think HCCA bought a pair???
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg