New Mivec Motor

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

New Mivec Motor

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

After hearing about mitsubishi putting a 2.4 MIVEC motor into certain models of the new Lancer i looked it up on the net and found out it is a 16 valve 4G69 SOHC.

Are all of the other single cam 4G6# heads able to be swapped between engines.. Like a 4G62 (cordia) head able to be put onto a Starion block..
If so could the 4G69 head go on a Starion block???
One site said the 4G69 is an upgrade of the 4g64
info-
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corpor ... 15E_08.pdf

Possible performance mod for Starion,, though it sounds to good to be true.Hopefully someone knows more........
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

The cam is on the wrong side of the head. You might be able to bolt it up back to front, but you'd have your exhaust ports where the inlet ports would normally be. Mitsi swapped things over since the EVO4 generation.

Also those 16 valve SOHC heads aren't as good as they sound. My friend has one, albeit not MIVEC, but Id say peak torque is around 3000rpm. I am pretty sure its more about response than extra flow, his car dies after about 4500rpm. Although having MIVEC might help it out a lot though, but there is an actual 4G63 DOHC MIVEC head in the EVO9, and I'd imagine thats a tad better.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Blue Cordial
Newcomer

Post by Blue Cordial »

And probably a tad more expensive
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do