MEGASQUIRT, Some info please?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
galagaza
Dorifto!

MEGASQUIRT, Some info please?

Post by galagaza »

Hi im thinking of buying megasquirt and build it in my starion. Scrolling the web site megasquirt.com I came over tons of info, soo much that I hardly got it too make any sense..

Has someone tried it?

Can you give a short story on how too build and tune it?

Its for my 2.0 starion with forged pistons and a T3 turbo. Im thinking of buying a new camshaft, though im not shure.

The tuning part of the system is what Im not shure about with this system..

Does it come with a defult setting? Is there a great risk of blowing the engine while attempting too tune it? Will the L300 part (exept injectors) be compitable with it?
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

There are a few guys on the american starquest forum (www.starquestclub.com) who do use megasquirt. Go to the MPI section and you should find a fair amount of information.

Edit: oops my bad. :oops:
http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?board=mpimods
Last edited by Alspos on Fri May 27, 2005 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

I think thats the wrong link there, that site starts off with:
"Welcome to StarQuest Ventures, Inc. the home of StarSQL, StarSQL for Java, Client Access for UNIX OS, and StarQuest Data Replicator."

I'm also interested in this megasquirt thing but found their website extremly un-user friendly. Pages full of large bright purple text arn't good :?
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Don't you wanna know about programming and computery stuff?
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

Well, not as much as I would like to know about this megasquirt thing.
fil
I've been here before

Post by fil »

Ok it does come with a base that can be worked out on the web, but it is very broad ie not safe to drive on. It will work with the l300 intake however you will need to install a new air temp sensor and coolant sensor. You can get around the coolant sensor though. Also recomended that you install a o2 sensor which helps with tuning and a fast idle solinoid. As you know ms1 only controls fuel as such you can use your stock ignition for spark.
By the way it took me along time to get an understanding of the product, best bet is to read the mega manual several times.

How far down the track are you looking to install, mine will be installed in around 2-3 weeks, i can email you a fuel map once i have tuned it however it will be for a 2.4 :D
Starions: The wedge with the edge !
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

How much effort would it take to change it to a 2.0L engine ?
fil
I've been here before

Post by fil »

Well it will run, however it will be mostly over fueled, and will have different peaks and lows. Ie when bost kicks in will be different etc. For a base to get it running it will work.
If tunning is your only prob maby give it a try or take it to an tuner, ive been told that any decent tuner will atleast give it ago. The system is very simplfied compared to others, simply drive along and add more fuel here and take less there.
Starions: The wedge with the edge !
galagaza
Dorifto!

Post by galagaza »

A 2.4 fuel map sounds like a good start, it wil be very rich, so I wont blow the engine on it I gues..

One thing, you say you drive down the road and put some moore fuel there, less fuel there, but how about the injection timing?