4g63 carby HELP!

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
caboonatlarge
[L] Plates

4g63 carby HELP!

Post by caboonatlarge »

does anyone know if there are any after marked parts available for the 4g63 carby same as the l200?
Ive got the moter in an EX lancer and im wanting sum more power, but dont want to go turbo coz then i hav to get certs and all that crap.
So wat im looking for is anything to do with extracters, cams, carbs ect.

Thanks

CAm
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Re: 4g63 carby HELP!

Post by mrb1 »

caboonatlarge wrote:does anyone know if there are any after marked parts available for the 4g63 carby same as the l200?
Ive got the moter in an EX lancer and im wanting sum more power, but dont want to go turbo coz then i hav to get certs and all that crap.
So wat im looking for is anything to do with extracters, cams, carbs ect.

Thanks

CAm
To my knowledge nobody made any weber manifolds for these engines? However if you find a source please let me know. Camtech in Sydney (02) 9755 3101 (and others) make cams for these engines. Not sure about extractors?
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

kelford do a cam for the sohc 4G63's, its not listed on their website though. any decent workshop should be able to make you up some custom extractors, i know a good place in Auckland (by reputation only, i can't afford a nice shiny manifold yet) that does them for about $500 or so.

and there is a twin carb inlet manifold that came out standard on some of these engines, very rare but i do know there is at least one in NZ so there's probably more. there's also a bigger carb available on some special edition i saw ages ago, it had tartan door skins (EX lancer).

here's a pic of an american twin carb setup (window wiper motor on the wrong side):

cheers
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
caboonatlarge
[L] Plates

Post by caboonatlarge »

hmmm.Interesting.

Ive found that coby make extractors.Is gonna cost me around $300 fitted.Bout $190 for the actual exracters.Not to bad i think

Does anyone know wat the port sizes are on these carby heads?
Reason im asking is coz i want to see if the ports in the turbo head are any bigger.
Also, are there any other carb options for these?

Thanx
caboonatlarge
[L] Plates

Post by caboonatlarge »

arghh stuff this n/a crap.
Getting a turbo
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

caboonatlarge wrote:arghh stuff this n/a crap.
Getting a turbo
wise words my friend.. :) welcome to the fold.
---------
TVR T350C