Some help to identify some parts please

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
starionc
I love starions

Some help to identify some parts please

Post by starionc »

Ok so I have some standard pistons, some have 63 TS and some are 63 T. What is the difference?

I have a set of ACL pistons, they have FP stamped on them in ink? Then the numbers RA8028 then 1.00 then the next line has 0.025 NE
What does all that stand for??

The Con Rods are confusing too. Some have G6D others are G6A & G6S and G6Z also G6R????

All up I have 3 sets of rods and pistons, 2 sets of pistons are close to new. The ACL are new with new rings and big end bearings that are also ACL.

Any ideas guys? Fingers crossed I don't need any of this yet, but it would be nice to know what it is come rebuild time.

Cheers Jason
How many Starions can one man drive!!

Check out my website: www.aboutstumpgrinding.com.au
coop1er
I've been here before

Post by coop1er »

The RA8028 is the ACL part number. This is a piston with a 12.3cc bowl. The 1.00 refers to the piston being 1mm oversize.

The conrod numbers are just production numbers. I have a set of G6F, a set of G6X and another set of G6V and they all came out of the same type of engine.
starionc
I love starions

Post by starionc »

Thanks for that coop1er, So should I check the rings to see if they are 1mm bigger as well?

So would they be forged by any chance? I cant tell, but they do look very shiny compared to the others! :drool:

Cheers Jason
How many Starions can one man drive!!

Check out my website: www.aboutstumpgrinding.com.au
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

ACL pistons generally aren't forged - they will just be newer than the others. Assuming this is for the SOHC engine, 63T are the 7.6:1 pistons while the 63TS are the 8.5:1 pistons.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum