pics/vids of Starions at race tracks

For organising a state cruise or events, posting cruise pics from the day or even event videos.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

:o wow, awesome collection of photos there :beer

I must add, it would be awesome also to be able to say "oh, yes I am off to a track day at Le Mans". European living does have its benefits :)

keep up the great work :D
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
BILTEL
Big Dorifto

Post by BILTEL »

WANTSOM wrote::o wow, awesome collection of photos there :beer

I must add, it would be awesome also to be able to say "oh, yes I am off to a track day at Le Mans". European living does have its benefits :)

keep up the great work :D
Thanks for that. You boys win though, I'd love to go to Bathurst!!!! :shock:

Silverstone again. May 09

Classic Touring Car racer

#20 Pre 93 touring cars
www.classictouringcars.com

RWD is for Heros, 4WD is for Zeros!
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

There is a new event coming to Bathurst next year - its call a 3 hour (I think) regularity relay and requires teams using a number of cars to consistently stick to nominated lap times. The event, from what I can gather can include road cars, track cars whatever. The promotors are being very careful and pushing that its NOT a race ....... or at least not until the flag drops anyway LOL

Its getting a lot of attention from local club motorsport people and if it kicks off well will run into the future. Plus there are a number of hillclimb events from time to time using Conrod Straight and up through the esses to finish at McPhillamy Park (reverse direction to normal).

Save some pennies and get yourself down here and "The Mountain" awaits you.

I have driven the circuit in a road car and even at public road speeds its a fantastic bit of road. The police patrol it regularly so there is really no point in going over the limit but the drop down the mountain is :o . The TV doesnt give the true aspect of just how steep it really is.

Cheers and love your work Biltel :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

not sure if this is a real car - looks like it might be from a game.. but i thought i'd post anyway as it's a cool pic:

http://dbeditedcgallery.db.funpic.de/al ... lpaper.jpg
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
BILTEL
Big Dorifto

Post by BILTEL »

Interested in what game it's from.
Classic Touring Car racer

#20 Pre 93 touring cars
www.classictouringcars.com

RWD is for Heros, 4WD is for Zeros!
bridgey
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by bridgey »

loving that wing on it
87 GSR-V, Factory DASH, Rebuilt bottom end with arp rod bolts and balance shafts removed, head reconed with 3 angle valve grind, TD05 housing machined out to take Garrett T4 internals, rebuilt and cryoed gearbox
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

They got the lines and proportions somewhat right...
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

i have a feeling it's from that live for speed game we've heard about before.. but i can't be sure as i don't remember that game having a ralliart skin for the car..

who knows..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

It's from Live for Speed, I've seen this skin for XRT on LFS forum. But the XRT is not a Starion, it's similar to it to some extent but the rear is quite different.
You can download the skin from here:
http://mistalee.fug-kiel.de/db/showthread.php?tid=701

There are two versions of this skin, they look like that in game:

enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

They look very RX7-ish from the back, the hatch is sort of series 1 or 2, the lights series 4. They got the front pretty right, surely wouldn't have been that difficult to sort the rest... :o
How?
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

starion back end and tail lights look heaps better! (JB/D lights of course lol) even though we can't quite fit a decent spoiler on there..

but i like the front end in those cars.. the front spoiler looks cool.. wish it could be replicated in real life eh
quest wrote:
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

enthuzed wrote:They look very RX7-ish from the back, the hatch is sort of series 1 or 2, the lights series 4. They got the front pretty right, surely wouldn't have been that difficult to sort the rest... :o
They just wanted to make some fictional '80ish looking cars to avoid any licence issues with the manufacturers (only 3 man dev team with not a lot of money for these kinds of things). A few bits from here and there and you have a car that looks a bit like a lot of cars but not exactly like any specific model. For example the XRT's interior is from a 3000 GT and you've seen that the exterior is a combination of a modded Starion and RX7. The graphic designer has a 3000 GT, so it was an obvious choice for him in 2002 when they designed the XR GT Turbo (XRT) for the simulator.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

If it's a licensing issue, then I'm surprised they have the "Starion" or even manufacturer badging on the cars at all...
How?
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

enthuzed wrote:If it's a licensing issue, then I'm surprised they have the "Starion" or even manufacturer badging on the cars at all...
These are just user made skins, not official skins that come with the game.

XRT without a skin:
http://img.carstyling.hu/usercars/00/01 ... 014029.jpg
http://img.carstyling.hu/usercars/00/01 ... 014035.jpg
Last edited by Krorz on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Krorz wrote:
enthuzed wrote:If it's a licensing issue, then I'm surprised they have the "Starion" or even manufacturer badging on the cars at all...
These are just user made skins, not official skins that come with the game.
Ah. Okay, makes sense.
How?