How heavy is a Starion........

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

galagaza wrote:quote"CussCuss",

my starion with stock suspension will only oversteer,

if you pull the wheel too far on a corner-- That should not happen!
brake to hard and steer to far on a corner-- Less wheight on rear wheels couse this
or put the power on when coming out of a tight corner--- Its called RWD;)

the back end will always step out, happened with the shitty tyres and the semi slicks.

You should check your rear shock absorbers, front springs and anti roll bar.
hehe, rear shocks are farked. Im in the middle of organising a new set.
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

weighed one of rally cars this morning, the guy before me did weight reduction and has plastic quarter and door glass, has standard seats in it at the moment with full rollcage, with 1/3 tank of fuel and me not in it this is what i got
front 580kg
total 1080kg

i have a fibreglass bonnet to but on which is only tips the scales a 7 kg and when race seat go in as well should drop a little more to,getting rid of power sterring pump to, i think the most weight to be lost in rear glass, just got prices for lexan and looking at just over $600 for 1200x2400 sheet ( that mite have to wait :{ )
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg
Ashgan
I like starions more

Post by Ashgan »

It wouldn't surprise me if the interior weighed a hefty amount. Have you ever been in the back seats? It's like a mother trucking luxury couch back there. Despite complaints of little to no footroom when being the designated driver, my friends always go on about how comfortable the back seats are.
toysrus wrote: hmm, you only did half the working out there you cheater :P

Widebody Front 55.2% Rear 44.8% weight distribution

NarrowbodyFront 55.6% Rear 44.4% weight distribution

So the Widebody is MORE balanced than the narrowbodied sibling :beer
Phff, for .4% balance i'd gladly lose 200kg's off the cars total weight. Wideys do look sexy as though.

-Ash
Friends call me Ashgan or Ash... But you can call me failchanic. If there's a routine maintenance job that exists on a starion, then chances are i've failed at it.

First attempt fails include:
-Changing indicator light
-Changing spark plugs
-Changing belts
-Changing airfilter
-Changing oil
-Removing rear strut
-Replacing front strut
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

my widey is about 50kg lighter since i ditched the auto trans lol

the weight doesnt bother me so much, just give it more horsepower! the increased trackwidth & improved geometry is a real advantage though, and the biggest advantage will come when i ditch the 2.6 and slot in a short little dohc 63.

my fibreglass bumpers will also help..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Ashgan
I like starions more

Post by Ashgan »

Yeah and my JA will be getting heavier when i put the front bumper back on... That's when you post it Red! LOL

-Ash
Friends call me Ashgan or Ash... But you can call me failchanic. If there's a routine maintenance job that exists on a starion, then chances are i've failed at it.

First attempt fails include:
-Changing indicator light
-Changing spark plugs
-Changing belts
-Changing airfilter
-Changing oil
-Removing rear strut
-Replacing front strut
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

it should nearly be there mate :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au