New to the group.. help and advise with JA Starion Turbo

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
starrzzy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by starrzzy »

Paul, the shaft that i cut was the one to the oil pump. have left the other (top) one in .. was not goint to connect the belt to drive it ...

Barry
boosted88
[P] Plates

Post by boosted88 »

Yea so did I, then I cut an M8 thread down the end of short bit of shaft and fitted a bolt the put a couple of small blobs of weld too make sure it can never come out!

Did Flav say anything about the bearings on the shaft you left in??

I've just turned them around to block the oil feed holes in the block

Paul
starrzzy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by starrzzy »

Paul, I have just left shaft and bearing in place .. top shaft is ok.. but saying that ..i am jst leavung it in it's place and will not connect the belt..

I did post some pic on page 2 b4 and after...

and yes that is what i did with mine.. cut, tapped, put a bolt in and then welded...i then filed it back.... not going to come out .
starrzzy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by starrzzy »

Better late than never, have finally got it back together.. :)
just few things to finish off tomorrow ... kicked over with no plugs in to circulate the oil ... put plugs back and away she goes ...

Couple of concerns ...seems to be a lot of smoke from exhaust ... only had running for about 40 sec ..(have assumed that due to car not being run for over 18 mths seals would have been dry).. idles ok, put increase power and it seems to miss ... reves have increased to about 11-1200rpm ...(have assumed that the increase is due to shaft no longer there) ..can tappets be adjusted as to me they are a little loud??

Tried again a bit later .. smoke seems to becoming less ..

open to your suggestions

Thanx

Barry
starrzzy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by starrzzy »

Another Starion is back on the road ... It's up and running .. even been around the block :D now i have to finishing polishing the other half ..