computers and multiport (starion-lancer)

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

well i did say prepare to bag me. Well of course he would have to use the old gear box etc. But if he has a starion motor already in there then why wouldn't a DOHC fit in there, I had assumed the dimensions of the two SOHC vs DOHC were similar (again prepare to bag me).

Cheers Dave
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

madeofmilo wrote:well i did say prepare to bag me. Well of course he would have to use the old gear box etc. But if he has a starion motor already in there then why wouldn't a DOHC fit in there, I had assumed the dimensions of the two SOHC vs DOHC were similar (again prepare to bag me).

Cheers Dave
While it bolts to the factory engine mounts, you tend to find everything that bolts on was designed for a FWD engine bay, so most things point the wrong way (like the thermostat outlet being next to the firewall isnt handy) and that the newer 4G63 engines used a smaller bellhousing so the gearbox wont bolt up. The CAS and firewall are also known to have disagreements. List goes on and on and on,

I beleive we settled on the idea SOHC->DOHC fits in the 5-10K budget. AFAIK the trend is using a DOHC head on a forged Starion bottom-end.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

Some of us have used Sonata manifolds which are fairly cheap but need slight modification. (Bit of welding) Cost is around the $2-250 mark. They do bolt directly to the engine though! :) 4g63.

Injectors - VR4 or RX7 Series 5 I think??

You can then use a falcon TB. (XF?????)

All available from Pic n Pay Less :D