No More starion for me.. something equally as cool though :)

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

'89 makes it an S5. "FC" refers to that chassis base, both S4's and S5's are "FC's". "FD" refers to the next chassis, the batmobile shape.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

hmm interesting, im gonna pin this mistake on my V8 loving friend pretending to know about japanese cars.
and my not following up to confirm it.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Nice car but lots to repair.....
Be so carefull when importing as the wanker at the other end and the dealer and the delivery guy are all working together to take your money. I also would not listen to their descriptions too closely as the guy who writes it is a salesman, not a mechanic. I also got charged with 'new' sparkplugs at $275 and a car cover to keep it clean while i waited for the paperwork. All bullshit and i had to threaten to sue before i got my cash back. Prestige motorsport, with the bling bling website was the Importer. Do not go there.
Melbstaz the detailer spent 2 weeks cleaning it and its still not perfect. Nothing to do with his workmanship, just that the car was an absolute pig and everytime you washed it the thing was oozing out mud from everywhere.
Fryman
I dont have my L plates

Post by Fryman »

yello :)

my experience with importing is a mixed bag. I love my car, but i bought it from a yahoo.jp auction based on 3 pictures. I did this as the import laws were about to change. I wanted something wild, and boy it has proven to pay out.

Getting a race car legal for the road is no easy feat. BUt ill surely give it a good shot!

Its a FC with FD based engine. Engine is still series 5, but it has series 6 internals manifolds and pressure sensors.. one hell of an experiment, as the fd mani does NOT just bolt up.

Couple of suprises, the seats are Recaro sp-a. Thats carbon kevlar in normal speak. Theres a nice white panel on the back.

TOO low, ive broken off a corner and its gonna cost squillions.

A project, and a timely one at that..

Lukian
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Did you use a cams licence to get a race car in? Or was it under the 15 yr rule.
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

was 15 year rule in this case :)
---------
TVR T350C
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Loved that rule...
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

flav wrote:Loved that rule...
Always wished for NZ-like rules personally :)
---------
TVR T350C