prices set to go up......

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
zippo
I've been here before

prices set to go up......

Post by zippo »

have you noticed they prices for old and collectable vehicles in the last few months.

datsun's are booming , as people are discovering the sr20 transplant.
mazdas are out of control with the turbo implant and lets not get into the falcon or monaro list ...

sports compacts are a big thing at the moment and they will peak .

alot of people still dont realise with the above compact vehicles you still need to get rta aproval to get to the turbo conversion , so people will start to look at what was available from factory in rear wheel drive format ....
well not much the sigma , 400 were only made and alot have gone to heaven or been trashed and the all mighty starion .......

so watch this space as we may see a great demand ,

prices will go up....................................

demand for rear wheel drive turbos are on the rise .
historical drifting in japan is big , check out the prices for these ..........
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Mitsubishi prices will never get close to Datsun or Mazda badges regardless of quality of model. Joe Public has a stigma attached to the badge due in no small part to a plethora of forgettable models not to mention like-it or loathe-it styling of our favorite.
have you noticed they prices for old and collectable vehicles in the last few months.
Where have you been? Datsun 1600 and pre-RX5 Mazda prices have been sky high for years.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

i am not stating that they will reach the prices paid for any 1600 or rx model .
these have had a cult following for ever , but the point i am making is the demand for sport compact racing .
people will look for something diffrent , and also the turbo thing , no need for rta or engineers reports ....................
this will entice quite a few week end racrers .

just look at the demand in japan for these vehicles at the moment you will be amazed .
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Zippo,

You're dreaming. Having been through the exercise of selling Starions I can tell you only a small bunch of die hards are willing to buy and the prices are not reflective of the investment spent. I know, you know and anyone who has tried to sell a half decent Starion knows, it is bloody hard to get the price the vehicle is truly worth.

Redzone suprised a few of us when he sold his orange car and got good money for it and good on him but I wouldnt say that sort of sale is a regular occurence.

Settle down and stop getting excited about everything. The Starion is a great little car but they have a very small niche in the overall market. Just enjoy them for what they are and forget all the hype about what might or mightnt happen in Japan.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

If our cars had mazda or nissan badges it would be a different story.
There is no market for old school Mitsubishi cars
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

WANTSOM wrote:Zippo,

You're dreaming. Having been through the exercise of selling Starions I can tell you only a small bunch of die hards are willing to buy and the prices are not reflective of the investment spent. I know, you know and anyone who has tried to sell a half decent Starion knows, it is bloody hard to get the price the vehicle is truly worth.
I recently sold a mint rolling JA body with no engine and gear box and got $ 150 for it the same price that the crushers were going to give me for the scrap
I was happy that the guy who got it will use it and already owned 2 a ja and a jd
and the car was going to the crushers untill then
I'm doing up a 2 door LJ torana the prices for that stuff is moving up out of control the same for LH - LX as a couple of mates are doing SLR5000s and the costs are going up

the mitsubishi stuff just does not get a good price look at the GH sigma turbo in there day were quite a good car with a limited number made
if they had of been a holden or ford there price would be 3 to 4 times the price that they bring
cheater

2.6 sigma IPRA spec

projects
E21 323 JPS bimmer
type 7 clone sports car
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

My first car was going to be a 2door LJ! Don't mind them at all, my uncle ended up selling it elsewhere though. Ended up with ze ol' 2TG TA22 instead.
_

Post by Chryzla »

rofl

No matter how many heads my car turns, or skirts it lifts..... :pimp

I still wont be able to sell it. Nobody wants them.

Unless you want to throw away your hard earned cash by selling it your stuck with it once it hits a decent amount of coin spent.

At least I can rest assured that if my car and a skyline drove down the road, mine gets looked at moreso ;)
1983 JA Staz
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

old mitsubishis arent jdm tyte so no one really cares about them. Not even in japan. The starions been a ignored car most of its life.. The us widebody prces seem to be going up a little, but I still wouldnt pay much for one considering..

Either way, i like them being cheap... Otherwise I probably wouldnt own the 2 I have now plust th 4 I have had in the past :D
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

The only Starions that are worth good $$$ would be the rare ones like the DASH-powered widebodies with only a few dozen being made. JDM widey's are also still worth a bit in Japan as they only made 800-odd of them.

Unfortunately Aus Starions will rarely get good $$$, and when they do, they will really have a poor rate of return.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Noddy
Enthusiast

Post by Noddy »

I think it gets to the point they are only what people are prepared to pay. My wife got hers brand new and hence paid over $30k off the floor - it has now depreciated to the point it is not worth selling, in another 10 years our son will have a licence, maybe he will drive it. Until then it is a novelty that we laugh about because when I met her she had a hot car.... she still has the same car. She now has a daily driver and the Staz gets a bit of dust on it but the feelings for it continue.
Cars are an emotional thing......... :D :beer :beer
1985 JB - owned from new.
1986 JD - used to own one.......
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

NXTIME wrote:
Unfortunately Aus Starions will rarely get good $$$, and when they do, they will really have a poor rate of return.
Ain't that the truth! I just don't think about the money I spent on mine.
The return was less than 25% :(
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

just gotta get your moneys worth out of it in fun, i always say...

buy a new falcodore, lose 10 grand in a day.. wheres the fun in that??
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

buy a 2 year old one redzone and theres fuck all depreciation however! the first 2 years is the killer.
1983 JA Staz
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Dunnydoors and chooktins are worth about 50% after 3 years.

That bites!

Japanese stuff tends to hold it's value better, but the big "D" still lurks...
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.