coil overs / adjustable shocks - WHO'S IN ?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

coil overs / adjustable shocks - WHO'S IN ?

Post by groupAralliart »

No wannabees please, just a genuine list of who is willing AND ABLE to pay for a complete set of adj coil overs. I want to make enquiries and have a few contacts. I have a widebody and no doubt with a few sets done at the same time, it would be cheaper (I would expect no change out of $3000 so if that is out of the budget don't waste time putting your hand up). If you are in I would need to know if you have a widey or a flatty and go from there. I will start the process early September.

As a side note I will also be ordering 18"x9" fronts and 18"x10" rear Simmons once I have the struts fitted so as to measure and fit correctly. So the same applies there, infact I have a very special price for them already, it is just the tyres which will be the killer!

If I can pay for the struts and then the wheels a few months later the bank account will not be noticed as much by the 'boss'. Cheers Steve

P.S. If any one out there knows where the sets that are already in existance were created let me know or if you have any tech info.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

theres a viable option for the wideys happening over in the states, mookeeh has prototyped a set, they show some good ideas, i'll link u to it:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/vie ... &start=200

i am thinking about jumping on board this particular U.S. group buy, price is right..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Have you considered simply modifying the stock struts. I mean weld on the threaded section, and adding some decent shocks (The struts will most likely need to be modified to fit decent shocks as no good 'bolt-in')

Also I want to look at importing tyres from the US. With odd & big sizes such as what we will need, the US prices + shipping still works out cheaper than buying locally.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

considered that a long time ago, i have even got the required threaded sleeves at my shop. but seriously, i want proper adjustable shocks of the type found in most aftermarket coil overs. if i'm gonna have coil overs, i want motorsport type ones, not dodgy backyard ones.. even well built backyard ones. LOL

i'm not doing it for the height adjustment, i'm doing it for the damper adjustment.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

redzone wrote: i'm not doing it for the height adjustment, i'm doing it for the damper adjustment.
i'M DOING IT FOR BOTH. I HOPE THAT STATES GROUP BUY IS FOR REAL AS I WOULD DEFINATELY GO THAT WAY. IT SEEMS LIKE THE GUY IS GENUINE BUT SLOW?
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah of course i'm doing it for both, just most people seem to be obsessed with height adjustment, i'm not...

yeah ur spot on with the US situation, i'm patient though as i would prefer to get my wheels first....

jeff
I've been here before

Post by jeff »

count me in. not too much over 900.00 though. i already have a good conversion for our stock shocks to use tokico 5 ways
2JA's
Big Dorifto

Post by 2JA's »

hey guys, pedders are atm doing a coilover kit on my JA front and rear, should get some change from 3000 can pass on my local pedders number if you like, the owner of the store loves doing this oddball stuff and can supply more kits, will have my rocket back in 6-7 days, other kits will take less time but this is the first starion hes done.
Where will it end
Sigve_B
Big Dorifto

Post by Sigve_B »

redzone wrote:theres a viable option for the wideys happening over in the states, mookeeh has prototyped a set, they show some good ideas, i'll link u to it:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/vie ... &start=200

i am thinking about jumping on board this particular U.S. group buy, price is right..
Will these fit Narrowbody to ? how about the spring rate ? could find any info on it ?
vroooom pttshhh!! :D
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

^^^ have a look at the whole thread on that site, all your q's answered. he's offering any spring rate u want, and yes they can do them for narrowbody aswell. mookeeh is a pretty well known supplier in the USA for starion parts so i expect them to be ok

tri26t
I love starions

Post by tri26t »

redzone wrote:yeah of course i'm doing it for both, just most people seem to be obsessed with height adjustment, i'm not...

yeah ur spot on with the US situation, i'm patient though as i would prefer to get my wheels first....
Hey redzone, Most ppl that want a lowered car, are doing so
for looks more than for lowering COG but its really important
to (when setting up street cars) to have all the relative setting
and info before throwing money down the drain,
1.good suspention bushings - ball joints and tie rod ends
2.Center of gravity (C.O.G)
3.spring rate
4.king pin angle
5.roll center
6.toe angle
My JA is pretty good but not when exiting a corner (fast in slow out)
I find it painful that there is so much work to setting up a starion
when (SH-T BOX) Nissans come from factory (+10 years)
outsteering
out braking
hey groupAralliart those c/o`s sound pretty good however
ppl who use them are gonna have to have a little tec support
to make them work to there potential AY ????.
Cheers:Phil.
TORQUES-CHEAP.
Sigve_B
Big Dorifto

Post by Sigve_B »

redzone wrote:^^^ have a look at the whole thread on that site, all your q's answered. he's offering any spring rate u want, and yes they can do them for narrowbody aswell. mookeeh is a pretty well known supplier in the USA for starion parts so i expect them to be ok
Sorry my bad.. Looks like a good product at good price :)
vroooom pttshhh!! :D