Fast

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah i just had a good hard look at that vid, its legit. thats about how hard the orange car went when i took it to the drags. if u look at the start of the vid, it takes off at the 1 second mark, and reaches 180 kph at the 14 sec mark, so about a flat 13 sec quarter mile. i never did a top speed run in that car after all the mods, but yeah i'd expect 250+.

funny u put a SR in it and it still sounds like a starion.. the car's DNA shines through...

ie how to make an SR not sound like a fart....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

Will verify this.

The Sanchez mobile is a quick car.

And the Sanchez a frightening driver so I can believe the handbrake turn having been thrown through a right hander at god knows what speed! :)
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Re: Fast

Post by flappa »

dirty sanchez wrote: Handbrake turn at 80km/h - no problem, just takes practice. I have done them at 100km/h several times before, but you want good run off just in case and it makes a mess of your tyres. Happy to demonstrate for any visiting Canberra, or next time I'm at the track.
I was more surprised the rear wheels actually locked at 80km/h, rather than what you were doing. But yeah it does take a bit of practice to do it properly. Yanking the handbrake at 80+ and making a mess of a set of tyres is spectacular, but not fast.
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

madeofmilo wrote:
hey has any noticed chunk_head little thingo says "gone v8 hunting be back in seconds" is he talking about the v8 whooping his car in a straight line and it being all over in seconds?
do you even own a staz madeofmilo ??? you seem to be doing a bit of sledging towards starions lately :?
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

rallidave wrote:do you even own a staz madeofmilo ??? you seem to be doing a bit of sledging towards starions lately :?
Yep, not making a good impression Dave! Why not try what Alspos said? Your V8 vs Stock Starion in a slalom?

C'mon, your extra 3.7l should be plenty to push your overweight piece of junk around... rofl
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

sick burn... :shock:
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
merlin
Enthusiast

Post by merlin »

said it before, will say it again:

A drive in Sanches' car was what prompted me to build a twincam,
with 200rwkw, nothing less! It's that good :beer

ps. Got mine back from MEEK Automotive last night, broke traction on a roll-on in 3rd gear, love it. Thanks Chris :D
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

Big difference: