JA GSR STARION 10 SECOND CAR 455HP@wheels on 15 psi

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Interesting how you automatically assume I was referring to figures you have posted.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Toys r us - you wrote...

ask him if he minds sharing some of his secrets ?[/quote]

I think he is trying to "sell' his secrets as he posted in the for sale section, in which case we have a right to ask for more information. And interestingly, he hasnt been back on the thread with anything more so my guess is - Its all bullshit.

Someone new pops in, makes a huge claim then disappears. Suss.

But then again maybe not. Believe whatever.

BTW - I made 500hp at the wheels last night in my car, then I woke up this morning and had to go to work. was a pleasant dream tho
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
turbzzz
Lil' Dorifto

hmmmm

Post by turbzzz »

I see nothing's changed on this forum....
________
Digital Vaporizers
Last edited by turbzzz on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

270hp yeah fair enough but 400hp please, if you don't know anyone who has done it then there should be no argument as there is no proof.

Where the valium i feel like not giving a shit.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Camotec wrote:Where the valium i feel like not giving a shit.
Valium? Eat lots of cheese.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Cookiemonster wrote:Interesting how you automatically assume I was referring to figures you have posted.
I was talking in general, cookie.
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Re: hmmmm

Post by Chris 83JA »

turbzzz wrote:I see nothing's changed on this forum....
true.

All that was needed here is a single request for proof after the initial post.
It's just as bad to bag someone without proof as it is to boast figures without proof
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Are some people suggesting that we bow down and hail every new person who comes on here and makes outrageous claims without any proof?

And since when is 270HP@front wheels anywhere near 400HP@fly? I do agree that it would have 270HP@front wheels, though as the 1/4 mile time backs that up.

A single cam Starion (or Cordia) head will not make such figures without significant mods.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

exactly you think if he was really serious he'd throw it all in our faces by now an say there you go you bunch of dipshits...lol
well i have yet to see a single cam starion head be able to flow over 600 hp as this is what his claimin...

oh sorri didnt say this before...welcome to to austarion... were you will get treated with respect if you ont bullshit to much... :beer
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

NXTIME wrote:Are some people suggesting that we bow down and hail every new person who comes on here and makes outrageous claims without any proof?

And since when is 270HP@front wheels anywhere near 400HP@fly? I do agree that it would have 270HP@front wheels, though as the 1/4 mile time backs that up.

A single cam Starion (or Cordia) head will not make such figures without significant mods.
270Hp ATW = 385Hp Engine, 385 x 0.3 = 115.5 then 385 - 115.5 = 269.5Hp ATW

Do you want the guys' phone number, how about Tony Rigoli's phone number, if you don't beleive the head hasn't been modified at all :?

If I was him, and that's how I was greeted onto a forum, I would just laugh to myself and leave, 'cause these people don't care if you beleive them or not and some just can't be bothered proving it to ignorants around them :)
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

eh, he claims the first 10sec staz pass in australia, we ask for proof, he pisses off. its not the first time its happened, and it wont be the last.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

I didn't know the SOHC head had enough flow capacity to generate such figures. I want 300rwhp, but it may take me a year or nine, and it wont be with the SOHC head.

The SOHC head could do it with larger valves and a race cam, but stock, I dunno, Im sceptical. I think most would have fully prepped the head, or been using the 16V Ralliart head, and just claimed stock for a laugh. Seems pretty silly to generate so much hp, using the stock head. I mean peak power at 5000rpm on stock cam, it goes to 6000, thats a hell of a waste considering the money spent on everything else.

Just doesn't seem right to me, not saying your wrong toysrus, but cant help but be sceptical :? :?
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Toys r us - spider summed it up for us 'sceptics' - we're suss about his claim given the info he gave us. Thats all
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I know, anyhow, I'll talk to him and find out....
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

toysrus wrote:
NXTIME wrote:Are some people suggesting that we bow down and hail every new person who comes on here and makes outrageous claims without any proof?

270Hp ATW = 385Hp Engine, 385 x 0.3 = 115.5 then 385 - 115.5 = 269.5Hp ATW

Do you want the guys' phone number, how about Tony Rigoli's phone number, if you don't beleive the head hasn't been modified at all :?

If I was him, and that's how I was greeted onto a forum, I would just laugh to myself and leave, 'cause these people don't care if you beleive them or not and some just can't be bothered proving it to ignorants around them :)
Where did you pluck this magical constant 30% drivetrain loss figure from? Drivetrain loss on a Starion is about 30kw. With increased power, this drivetrain loss may increase another 5-10kw due to the extra heat generated and hence power lost through the drivetrain. But it most certainly isn't a blanket constant 30% like you are assuming.

Furthermore, a FWD doesn't have as much drivetrain loss as a RWD as the power is transferred directly to the wheels through the box - there aren't the additional frictional losses associated with a tailshaft and diff. Hence, I would dare to say that the drivetrain loss from a Cordia would be about 15% at best.

Therefore, 270rwhp would equate to 317.65hp@fly, not 385hp, in a FWD.

This power reflects what most ET calculators would come up with in relation to Elapsed Times and MPH, not to mention the same ET's and MPH that the Cordia has actually run ;) If the car had 385hp it would have the potential to run low 11's.

Also, the head he is using just happens to have 4 extra valves. Australian-spec Starion's and Cordia's have 8 valves.

PS: I don't need Tony's number, I spoke to him at the last street meet ;)
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T