Power windows not working

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
zaidja83
I like starions

Power windows not working

Post by zaidja83 »

Power windows not working on both sides.

Fuses are all okay.

Any Ideas???
JPC
almost postwhore

Post by JPC »

Sure the fuses are ok? From memory, the power window fusible links and relays are in the black compartment near the battery.

If these are ok, check that you're receiving power at the power window motor connector, and then try applying 12v direct to the power window motor connector to see if the motors work. (You'll need to remove the door trim for this and unplug the connector, but easy job).
Starion nutter since 1988...
1983 JA, 1984 JA, 1985 JB (all rego'd, all running :D )
zaidja83
I like starions

Post by zaidja83 »

JPC wrote:Sure the fuses are ok? From memory, the power window fusible links and relays are in the black compartment near the battery.

If these are ok, check that you're receiving power at the power window motor connector, and then try applying 12v direct to the power window motor connector to see if the motors work. (You'll need to remove the door trim for this and unplug the connector, but easy job).
thanks mate. Will check tonight.

Fuses in the fuse box at the front drivers seat side is working okay.

Funny thing is it worked lastnight again when I moved the car back to it's original spot in the gatage ater cleaning it.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Yeah, remove the panel next to the battery on the right side. There are heaps of stupid fuses in there. They are written on them what they are. Give them a clean and spray the crap out of the area with WD40. Make sure the contacts are clean and not rusted! :wink:
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

zaidja83 wrote:Funny thing is it worked lastnight again when I moved the car back to it's original spot in the gatage ater cleaning it.
Obviously by moving your starion away from its original spot you upset the feng shui hence why when you moved the stazz back to the orginal spot all the star aligned and hence why its working now.

Or it could be the fusable link as the others have said or perhaps the plug for the window switch is loose.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five