JA GSR STARION 10 SECOND CAR 455HP@wheels on 15 psi

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

hehe dunno why? its all about sharing heh.
Well my head has been docked and now runs a higher compression ratio with hypertecnic pistons (supposedly 70% strength of forged) we will see.
balanced crank. new bigend bearings
3" stainless system. 3.55LSD (soon to be a 3.9LSD)
All manifolds and head have been machined to allow good butted joints. (no leaks)
Running a temp TC05 turbo (got my hiflow tc06 apart and replacing guides and seals.)
I run 14psi, 16psi soon when i get this lancer evo cooler on.
New cam coming as soon as i finish everything else, nothing too aggressive just a bit more overlap and duration.

Building another engine ground up with forgie pisso's and connie's ARP studs and bolts, get a fair bit of work done to the head and will probably get a custom regrind or billet cam set up for circuit.
And a new ECU will come at that time, i am thinking wolf or microtech or autronic depending on a few things. SOHC ALL THE WAY BABY!!

And I have no idea what power my car puts out but i had a new wrx on back roads and i flogged the piss out of that to over 200 cliks. left it in the distance. he caught up to me when i was refueling at a servo and pulled up, said he had his foot flat after changing down and wanted to know what the car was, as i have no badges, I told him it was a starion and he looked at me blankly?? ahwell that may not take much to leave in the distance but i am happy. I need that 3.9 lsd cause i need more zip off the line, i am ok once the car is rolling but more acceration would be a plus.

Shit i talk. :o Anyways later. :wink:
Cheers
Ben
strion
I've been here before

Post by strion »

i agree with charlie....alot of the guys on this site are real big fuckwits and need a their bubbles busted...
theres some huge attitude problems here...only a few half decent people...
who knows the guy probly did do wat hes saying....good on him...why does every c*nt think he has the right to bag him out for...
grow up and get some balls....get his number...call him up and say it to his face...
and if anyone is gettin offended by this post the heres my fucking number...0403562860...call me and tell me to my face aswell...
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

but come on... 455 hp at the wheels....that is alot of ponys your talkin about.... an to get that sort of hp at the wheels i dont think you could use standard head...an ok if he went for custom head, you will need 1 BIG
MO FO TURBO...an to make that much hp at only 15psi sounds like a pretty big turd to me.....an ok a 10sec starion....that means he must of run it sometime on a track...so why hasnt anyone heard about it before, surely if this bloke is for real he would prob have the fastest sohc in australia...if not the fastest staz...this bloke should be a god on this forum...
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

i dont think i have a attitude prob...i just dont wana see this site go to crap with blokes babbling on bullsh!t...that there cars can produce so much hp out of a sohc....with so little boost...
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

Keep in mind that there are large differences between different dynos. I had a HKS TD06, very very good intercooler, Wolf 3D, bigger injectors and a very high flow exhaust and the best I could manage was 135rwkw at about 19psi - and this is on a car that was bought and built to use in tarmac rallys. That's not really a lot of power but I was running 6.2sec 0-100 times so those people on the forum that have around 200rwkw should be running high 4 sec 0-100 times????

I'm not saying people are talking rubbish about their HP, but that maybe we're not comparing 'apples with apples'. Maybe we could organise a dyno day, or maybe try and organise to come to a dyno day that another club is organising
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Re: JA GSR STARION 10 SECOND CAR 455HP@wheels on 15 psi

Post by toysrus »

jagsr-king wrote:Hey guys im new to this forum i live in melboure Ive been working on my starion 4 2 years now i built my own motor 4g63 single cam head ive manged to get out of it 455hp@wheels on 15 psi ive got dyno charts to prove i ran a 11.5 with street tyres and a 10.89 with mickey's slicks its a blue metalic colour with sparklys in it ive got a full custimised interior black on the inside of the seat with all yellow leather trim anywyas if any need any help to build them a motor msg me thanks Jarred
Well don't bag him!! You guys probably dont even know him!

And it's not too difficult to achieve that amount of power if you have unlimited funds!

http://www.cordiapower.com/videos/10%20 ... tarion.mpg

The guys that are in melbourne send him a pm and go meet up and let us know! :D
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

well i guess theres been many an immature troll in the starion community over the years claiming this and that and people get sick of hearing BS claims all the time. what people need to do is have proof straight up with no humming and harring and then there wouldn't be any room for doubting that person. so, i wouldn't mind proof of the first 10sec starion in aus if its not too much to ask :?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

NXTIME wrote:You won't make 300rwhp without changing the cam or performing some significant headwork. If you think you can, you're dreaming.
280 fwhp with only a Microtech, forged pistons, tubular exhaust manifold, turbonetics turbo and 3", Cycone DASH 2, no head or cam modifications right from the owners mouth :smokin

And remember, a bigger turbo produces the same amount of flow/cfm at a lower psi, so in reality instead of having a TC06 high flow running 20psi, you could have a Evo III TD05H or a TD06-20G running at 10 psi :beer
mickmc
Lil' Dorifto

Post by mickmc »

this might be irrelevant but my old 351 clevland at 13:1 comp and 150 shot of nos only managed a 10.28 with 4 11 gears and from memory the cosworth sierras used to run about 25 pounds boost at bathurst for 550hp so i dont know bout the stazz
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

toysrus wrote:
NXTIME wrote:You won't make 300rwhp without changing the cam or performing some significant headwork. If you think you can, you're dreaming.
280 fwhp with only a Microtech, forged pistons, tubular exhaust manifold, turbonetics turbo and 3", Cycone DASH 2, no head or cam modifications right from the owners mouth :smokin

And remember, a bigger turbo produces the same amount of flow/cfm at a lower psi, so in reality instead of having a TC06 high flow running 20psi, you could have a Evo III TD05H or a TD06-20G running at 10 psi :beer
Dyno numbers mean almost nothing. What quarter mile time did the car run? What was the best MPH?

And I don't mean using a G-Tech.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

To be more specific,

Sirius 4G63BT DASH 1997cc SOHC 12V EFI 4cyl turbo
Turbonetics T-3/4 non-rollerbearing turbo
Micks Metalcraft intercooler
Forged pistons
MSD Ignition
Custom exhaust manifold, 3" exhaust system
Boost Control: Turbonetics
racegate wastegate
Microtech MT-8 Engine Management

12.1 sec @ 113mph
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

are these blokes with 455rwhp using 8valve heads or 12

u say some one made 280fwhp with a dash 2...these engines made 200 +fwhp anyways from factory...you would easily make that much with what youve done...
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

SIRIUS wrote:are these blokes with 455rwhp using 8valve heads or 12

u say some one made 280fwhp with a dash 2...these engines made 200 +fwhp anyways from factory...you would easily make that much with what youve done...
200Hp at the flywheel standard from a Sirius DASH non-intercooled.

Cyclone DASH 2/Sirius DASH Intercooled 230Hp at the flywheel.

But anyway, people are using the 8 valves to achieve 400Hp +

Not impossible, just very expensive.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Some interesting figures are being posted here. But I like being in fairy land so don't let me stop anyone.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Unless you can prove the figures wrong, then let it be :?

Here's my proof, http://www.turbocreations.com/cordiatur ... ordia.html

Someone introduces themselves and the first thing we all do is start to question his integrity...........when really we should all say hi, welcome to the forum, and ask him if he minds sharing some of his secrets ?