Zoom Tuning review

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
NiuginiStaz
Lil' Dorifto

Post by NiuginiStaz »

Woody,
Its also kinda groovy when yours is the only one of the kind in Town.

but yeah If only Flav could tune me Stazz!!!!!!!

regards
sam
Shoe string budget starion. Dont know why I bother anyway
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Not anymore. There is MrBishi's, StarionVR4's son, and mine that I am aware of. Plus one other guy who's should arrive next week. So it isn't becoming one of a kind anymore, but still there isn't many of them.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

next time i go to melb im driving, and ensuring a drive past doncaster :P

happen soon if i cant work out whats wrong with this damn thing!!
1983 JA Staz
mr mark
I like starions

flav

Post by mr mark »

just got home from work now to check up what replys to my msg and just goes to show anyone who says anything bad about flav the post get deleted straight away, it will all come out in the long run flav
did i say something to annoy you??
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

If you have had a bad dealing with him yourself, or can say something other than calling him strange, then feel free to put it up here. Saying I know someone who knows someone is not appreciated or constructive.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Re: flav

Post by decoy »

mr mark wrote:just got home from work now to check up what replys to my msg
What kind of replies were you expecting to your msg? Are you upset you didn't get them? want a wowwypop?
_

Post by flav »

mr mark...are u the guy that tried to sell me that yellow dud? I drove all the way to ballarat to see a car that will never be able to get a roadworthy, and had less power than standard starion with oil pissing outa the back of the head, and more exhaust leaks than the space shuttle on explosion, and detonating its brains out on what was meant to be 7psi but the boost guage was reading 12psi? If you remove the 900kg of bog in the front where it was hit you will see the cracks in the chassis rail. I grew up with these cars, did my apprenticeship on them, did full factory training on them, went motor racing for a decade and a half and now work on them. See...thats why yr yellow shit box with BTL is still up there and rusting away. There are no stooges here for yr car.
..and to think i was trying to find u someone to buy it...well, sorry. No one wants a shit heap.
I'll be sure to pay my respects when im up there next.
mr mark
I like starions

flav

Post by mr mark »

na im not on about the you buying the yellow starion the cars not even mine thats not the prob at all i no the thing has troubles thats why its $2500. but im just hearing stories that are not good off people i no very well and thought as it was a review of your bussines i would put my bit in. let me no when your up next then, pay respects LOL and what is that ment to mean :wanker
did i say something to annoy you??
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

This thread is not about what you hear....it's about what is FACT.
Many people who HAVE come to us are writing about THEIR experiences.
I dont think i need to defend the company at all if the thread is what is known as fact, not fiction or 'here-say'.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Look we all take creative critisism, but we wont accept blatent abuse.

From my experience talking to Flav, he knows what he is on about. And he is great if you need parts. Unfortunately my widey has never met Flav. I almost did when I was working in melbourne, but my widey will just have to wait.
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

flav wrote:This thread is not about what you hear....it's about what is FACT.
Many people who HAVE come to us are writing about THEIR experiences.
I dont think i need to defend the company at all if the thread is what is known as fact, not fiction or 'here-say'.
Your a brave man Flav putting up with some of these young starion owners with old clapped out ones that can't afford a oil change your a hero in my book also a part time councellor. :D
1982 Ja single cam 4g63 342.6bhp @ the wheels full show car imaculate
1985 Jb Fully stock original imaculate
2005 Ford Transit Jumbo & 2008 transit mwb
2008 VW Caddy Maxi 2006 hiiace commuter
2010 Toyota pardon kakadu and 2011 hiiace
2010 and 2013 VW Crafter 50 OH
2012 GLX R triton
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

flav wrote:yr yellow shit box with BTL is still up there and rusting away

Just can't let it go can you!? That car has nothing to do with BTL! A long time ago maybe, but nothing to do with the current setup or owner!

Bit shitty when someone starts bagging your work! Hurts doesn't it... :cry:
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

chunkhead wrote:Bit shitty when someone starts bagging your work! Hurts doesn't it... :cry:
Chunkhead, instead of dribbling this s#%^, why don't you get the direct Owner who had the work performed on their vehicle by Flav, to register and post his/her opinions ? Obviously is Flav did such a bad job for the whole crew down at BTL to start crying over it, then I'm sure that the actual owner who had first-hand experience with Flav, wouldn't mind taking 5 mins of their life to warn other potential customers ? :wink: :beer

//And please don't be stupid enough to create another Account posing to be someone with First-Hand experience as it will be obvious in how detailed you can re-count what occurred and you will then leave yourself open to defamation...... :roll:
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
oped
I like starions more

Post by oped »

Mr Mark, why are you such a Flav hater.... He is a magician with Starions. Doesn't matter what I do to mine, Flav can fix it, when ever I can get around there... EVEN IF THATS AT 1:00am!!
He goes into so much detail and doesnt just fix what he has to.

On my Staz the minute button doesnt work on the clock, so the time was ALWAYS out. I got some work done, got it back and it was accurate time!

And dont doubt his knowledge on the Starions. He knows EVERYTHING to do with them. Whenever I bring my car in running shit from a burnout I did, or a drag race I abused... He can make a diagnosis after 30secs of listening to it or driving it, and he is always spot on.

From what he knows, you'd think he invented the damn car!
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

toysrus wrote:Why don't you get the direct Owner who had the work performed on their vehicle by Flav, to register and post his/her opinions ? I'm sure that the actual owner who had first-hand experience with Flav, wouldn't mind taking 5 mins of their life to warn other potential customers ?
Are you alright Toys? Which owner who had work done by Flav are you referring to? I just pointed out that the yellow junker that Flav looked at was tuned by BTL many years ago, hence the sticker! The car was then modified with all the crap, abused, crashed etc. BTL hasn't seen this car in years! :?

And as for the "registering as another user" comment, I've been a solid, committed member to Austarion for way to long to start playing Roger games on here. I don't attack others work, nor be-little people. I'm just an enthusiast who loves my car for what it is. I'm sick and tired of this "I'm better then you" crap and it needs to stop. It's no wonder so many Starion owners aren't active members on here anymore.

Personally I have nothing against Zoom Tuning. I have never met Flav, nor met anyone who has had any major experience worth noting. Goodluck to all who use him and I hope their cars get what they need to keep them on the road for many more years to come.

BTL provides service in the same way. They strive to ensure the Starion lives on, and for everyone to enjoy themselves along the way. The only person to actually complain about BTL's work is Flav\BigMoz and I hardly think their comments mean much as they are convinced that they are "competition". I'll make this point VERY clear... BTL doesn't do Starions, nor deal with them in any way to make money. The little profit that is made is purely for Chris' time. BTL deals with much larger customers with much larger engines and much bigger budgets. Starions are a passion to him!

Have some respect, grow up, and for the love of god, just be happy that you own a piece of motoring history and that it runs!

Chunkhead
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available