When will toysrus have his 400hp SOHC going???

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I'm chasing 400BHP for the moment :beer .........by 01/01/07 :P

400HP ATW is another level :)
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Cool...

400hp at the fly wheel (so this is going to be on an engine dyno not a chassis dyno, or you are going to assume a certain percentage loss due to the drivetrain?)

Oh... and don't forget the Liquid LPG Injection...

Good luck... I hope you do it... We all want to see high performance Starions we just don't want to hear about it for 3 years... rofl
1985 JB Starion #157
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

toysrus wrote:I'm chasing 400BHP for the moment :beer .........by 01/01/07 :P
That isn't 8 weeks is it?
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I'll see about putting it on an Engine dyno, Alans Engineering down at Mallala have one, just not sure on the cost/value of the exercise......Otherwise I'll just assume 225Kw ATW = 400BHp, but I'll try to chase more from it to keep everyone happy about exact drivetrain power losses.

Liquid LPG Injection will be a bit off though, just keen on getting this Engine going as is then worrying about changing the Fuel set-up later on.

I've also found the only place that currently does Alloy LPG Cylinders, in a way which can be shaped to fit in the original fuel tank location, so that part is set nicely too :)
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

MrBishi wrote:
toysrus wrote:I'm chasing 400BHP for the moment :beer .........by 01/01/07 :P
That isn't 8 weeks is it?
Correct, I could rush it and try to push the stock pistons to 400BHp or actually wait on the 8 week turn-around time Custom Pistons Services have at the moment :wink:
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

less yappin' more crackin' :twisted:
_

Post by Cookiemonster »

toysrus wrote:I'll take the $20 on putting it on the dyno before 2007 ?
Time to pay up.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Toys must be short of cash. He's done a runner.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Yeah, that's right rofl
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Here's a sneak peek :wink: :D

Image Image
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

toysrus wrote:Here's a sneak peek :wink: :D

Image Image
COOL! Its still game on :)
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

well the first problem is it isn't in your car :p
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Is this going to be done with the standard intake to comply with the draconian SA registration regulations?
What happened to the dash ideas?
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

WidebodyWoody wrote:well the first problem is it isn't in your car :p
Haha, would you actually like me to drop it into a Cordia and punch out even more power from the less drivetrain losses ? :wink: :D LOL
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

MrBishi wrote:Is this going to be done with the standard intake to comply with the draconian SA registration regulations?
What happened to the dash ideas?
Yes, standard, abit modified, Intake.

The DASH gear will be going on a DASH Widebody sometime in the future :wink: :beer