Sirius dash intercooled import

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

I used to have a dash engine - I wasn't intercooled, but it did have that big square crossover pipe that the intercooled one has in the picture. Not sure if the same pipe could be used with or without an intercooler though and the photos I have of the old engine are too shitty to see anything clearly in.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

toysrus wrote: Also the loom which they used is unfamiliar, it doesn't have an AFM :shock:

It has this srew type switch with R & L written on it ? Rich or lean ?

Did the Cyclone type come with the third injector or is this more a Sirius thing ?

Lastly as far as I know, the Starions didn't come with the Cyclone Engines, only the Sigma & Galants did.
Anyone.......?
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

All the dash engines i've seen have an AFM
Not sure on the RL screw, if you have it, bonus!
None of them came with a 3rd injector from the factory afaik (starions anyway, cordias i dont know a thing about)
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Well this engine didn't come from a Cordia, I'm assuming this because all the info I've found only points to Galants, Sigma's and Starions.

I wonder why the Cyclone version didn't come with the 3rd injector ?

I'm still sticking by my theory that the extra 20kw didn't come from just the intercooler..........need some hard facts though
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Btw, I found out that R - L srew type switch is part of the old loom not the DASH loom, though it might be hooked up to the DASH loom when they put the engine it :?

Anyone with a Sirius factory non-intercooled DASH engine, can they find out what turbo they have on it standard TC##-## or TD##-## ?

.................anyone else with ideas ?
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

For those who don't know what Cyclone means on a Mitsubishi (as basically any Mitsi engine used it in the end, from the 1800 carb 4G32 to the 4G63). Its a design in the head which causes the intake mix to behave in a kind of 'cyclone' motion, it made the heads flow more, and generate that flow faster. So more torque, and more hp.

This would contribute to the magical 20kW :) Throw in a better turbo, reasonable intercooler, and some other goodies like revised fuel maps and cams, and its very viable.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

DASH layout

Post by Abalistic »

From what I been told ( could be wrong ) a DASH is 150kw from the factory. But it's not hard to make more than that. Would like to see more pics of the 3rd injector setup. But at the moment mine is running slightly rich on 2 injectors at 11 psi.
:D
A picture of my DASH layout :

JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

The Cyclone model only produced extra torque over the Sirius model, not extra top end Hp from what I've been able to discover.

The extra 20kw was the Intercooled version, aparently they have the same turbo as the non i/c's, so it would have to do more with the fuel maps/timing and cams.

A pic of the extra injector is on the 1st or 2nd page.

What turbo is that by the way, Abalistic ?
Abalistic
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Abalistic »

It's a Garrett TO4b, water cooled, sitting on a custom exhaust manifold.

A.
:wink:
JA 4g63Dash To4 Intercooled Wolf 3dv4
Jb Standard
EVO 8

Starions since 1993.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

that pic is of a custom 3rd injector install. None of the dash engines came with a 3rd injector from the factory.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Are you sure, becuase apparently that cars an import so I don't know for certain but it looks part of it so :?
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Lets see, i posted the picture, i took the picture, i spoke to the owner... so yeah, im pretty sure.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

ProZac wrote:Lets see, i posted the picture, i took the picture, i spoke to the owner... so yeah, im pretty sure.
rofl ok I guess.

I'm sure I also saw it somewhere else though :?
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

lol :D, funny shiznit tho :). Im not 100% certain that the 3rd injector was never included, but ive seen many dash engines around here, starions and sigmas, and none have had a 3rd injector. Both had the TC05-12A turbo aswell, but not the same as a non-intercooled starion one. Ill post a pic of my old cars engine bay, as i had the same turbo that the dash engines ive seen had. It has TC05-12A embossed on the side, but its alot bigger than a non-intercooled starions' TC05. (My tyring wont make alot of sense, no sleep, lots of coffee, about to go to work).

that was the factory turbo on my jap import, 1985, 8 valve, factory intercooled starion aswell. Really good little unit actually, seemed very efficient at about 13psi, could have used a larger compressor wheel.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

So what turbo's did the standard DASH non-intercooled versions come out with ?