starion motor

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
white_flash
[P] Plates

starion motor

Post by white_flash »

hey all

i have rebuilt my starion i carnt get it started i have spak and pety but no go also i cant turn it over with the key does any one know why

i need HELP
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

ignition ok? compression ok? fuel ok?
i guess you could start there! :shock:
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
Mitsi God
[L] Plates

Re: starion motor

Post by Mitsi God »

white_flash wrote:hey all

i have rebuilt my starion i carnt get it started i have spak and pety but no go also i cant turn it over with the key does any one know why

i need HELP
You say you can't turn it over with the key, is the solinod wire off the startermotor?
Where There's Smoke... There's Tyres!
white_flash
[P] Plates

Post by white_flash »

I CAN TURN THE CAR OVER BY HAND BY SHORTING WIRES BUT JUST NOT WITH THE KEY. IGNITION FINE, SOLINOD WIRE INTACT....SHOULD I HEAR THE FUEL PUMP STARTOR WHAT EVER WHEN I TURN IT ON? I HAVE SPARK....THINKING MAYBE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE FUEL PUMP ETC...ANY IDEAS GUYS??
Mitsi God
[L] Plates

Post by Mitsi God »

yeah you should hear the feul pump prime for afew secounds when the key is turned to ign, but if the starter isn't cracking the engine useing the key, sounds like theres a problem there, you could also try taking the feul line off and see if it's supplying feul under primeing and cranking.
white_flash
[P] Plates

Post by white_flash »

fuel pump not working.
had alarm system in car and ripped it out before putting engine back together....maybe something electrical that has disturbed everything??
Mitsi God
[L] Plates

Post by Mitsi God »

yes very likley, sounds like the imoblizer between starter and feul pump realys...
BLOFLY
I like starions

Post by BLOFLY »

Get someone to turn the ignition on while you feel the fuel line under the hood. The pressure in the line will make it fairly solid if the pump is working. The starter motor issue sounds familiar, install a relay under the hood using the old starter wire to trigger the relay should fix it. The old wiring/ignition barrel eventually just can't pass enough current to engage the starter, but it will supply more than enough to energise a relay. :beer